x

Weebly accepted payments that go nowhere

What do I mean? 

I set up a weebly site for my business a year ago. But I never attached a financial institution to it to accept payments and I never found a way by which it could accept money though you could put items in a card and choose a credit card type to pay to buy an item. 

Well i left it go for a year and then out of the blue I got a call from someone for a product and I asked how they got my number and they said on my website online. Well I didnt know it was live so I went to look for it and found my site I created online live. 

Curious I put a product in the cart and charged it to my discover card. That was on Sept 5th. I checked the status and it said PENDING. So I figured it needed a financial institution set up before it would go from pending to charged. 

This morning I looked at my statement and sure enough it was charged to my discover card. 14.99 on Sept 5th. 

I called Discover and asked them where the money went. They gave me MY NAME AND PHONE NUMBER!!  And said that it did also say Weebly received it.

Then I explained the situation to them and they told me that I would have to call back monday and they will investigate. 

So basically my card was charged 14.99 to Weebly and Weebly never notified me in any way by phone or email that they received this payment. So I have to wonder what kind of games they are playing. 

Anyone know anything about this?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hey there abeeftec! Sorry for the confusion.

It looks like the site you have here is connected to Stripe, so the payments would be going into your Stripe account. You can check out the details of the account in your Store tab, under Setup and Checkout.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Best Answer

Hey there abeeftec! Sorry for the confusion.

It looks like the site you have here is connected to Stripe, so the payments would be going into your Stripe account. You can check out the details of the account in your Store tab, under Setup and Checkout.

Message 2 of 2