x

What do I do when I can't log in and it keeps trying to get me to log in with Facebook?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Solved my own problem...  I post here for others' knowledge and for the Admins... maybe you can fix this bug??

I was logging into Weebly but would get kicked over to a page trying to get me to link Weebly and Facebook, which said FB would get access to my picture, profile, other public info, etc.... not feelin' that so I cancelled.  My wife tries, same thing.  Tried different browsers, same result.  

Tried chatting with customer support.... No help.  Repeatedly told me to clear my cache when I knew that was not the problem.  3 different computers, and different browsers.... it's not a cache problem.  

GET THIS!   When you type in the wrong password, instead of Weebly telling you it's the wrong password, it is kicking you to a different screen and trying to get you to login by linking with FB or Google+....  

But.... when you realize you had the wrong password and type the CORRECT password, it magically let's you in without going through FB. 

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Glad to hear that you figured out what was happening! It is true that if you enter a wrong username or password, we will sometimes have you attempt logging in through Facebook instead. If someone has never used Facebook login, then resetting your password is definitely the right thing to do first.

If you aren't sure what email address you used, or if you have lost access to the email address then you can use our Account Recovery form instead to get help from our support team.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Thank YOU so much for taking the time to post this information!! It helped me tonight when I was ready to give up on weebly. Smiley Very Happy Wrong password. How simple! haha Take care.

Message 23 of 27

I was so confused by this but you made it make sense!! I reset my password and logged in with no problem -- and no facebook re-direction!!

Thank you!!

Message 25 of 27
Square

Super happy to hear! Smiley Happy 

Message 25 of 27

This was exactly my problem. Thank you for posting this!
Message 26 of 27

THANK YOU!!!

Message 27 of 27

Extremely helpful - thank you!    It was kicking me to facebook login continually - reset password - and signed in straight away Smiley Very Happy 

Message 28 of 27