x

google analytics stats are 50% less than weebly

Question so I have google analytics set up but it only seems to show that my traffic is half what weebly says it is? who do you believe?

• s
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Not Weebly, and since thee's no way for us to actually download Weebly site stats it's almost as if their whole sales pitch is one big scam. 

Message 5 of 8

Hello Rfogarty! Weebly's system counts differently than Google analytics, which is why you're seeing the differing numbers there. While Google is private about the exact details that go into their calculations (to avoid people gaming the system), they are generally good at filtering out bot views and other things that might not be human eyes on your site. The Weebly statistics are more forgiving, and track each view on its own. Both are good for their own purposes, so we'd highly recommend keeping Google Analytics set up on your site to get both perspectives, if you'd like an in-depth look at what makes your viewership tick.

Message 9 of 8

You can also use Gosquared.com as well! Not only provides LC but analytics as well. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 8

I can't remeber where I saw it. But I think Weebly's stats includes everything. Like even web crawlers as visit? I could be wrong now. But I don't think Google Analytics will show stats like that, resulting it lower amount??

Message 9 of 8
Square

That's correct @Jkund17 - we include every hit to the site based on IP address, so it will include bots and so on. Google tracks by cookie which will often undercount.

Message 9 of 8

Does it add our own IP to the stats when we are checking/working on our stores? If so there should be an option to 

use a cookie to block counting our own visits.

Message 9 of 8

Hello forvictoria! Statistics don't currently exclude particular IP addresses, though that may be something you'll want to check out in the Vote on Features page.

Message 9 of 8