x

How to replace old website by new website?

I'm unable to publish the new site I created.  When I go to Settings and try to change the domain name to something different so I can re-use the domain name on the new site, I am asked for payment.  How can I get the new site published and the old site decommissioned?  Thanks, Kelly

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Is the address you are trying to use with the new site a custom domain name, @kellyow30? Using a custom domain name with a site requires the site be upgraded. You shouldn't be getting prompted to upgrade on the old site if you are changing that to a Weebly subdomain, though.

Message 11 of 10

the site name is goshenvfwpost985.weebly.com

Message 11 of 10
Square

Ok, I see you're using that address with your live site. Which of the other two sites in your account did you want to use it with instead?

Message 11 of 10

My Site #1 is the site we want to use to replace the old site

Message 11 of 10
Square

Ok, I've assigned goshenvfwpost985.weebly.com to "My Site #1" for you.

Message 11 of 10

So do I just need to publish it now?  I get a 404 error when loading the site.

Message 11 of 10

Nevermind, I published it and we're back up and running. Thank you so much for your help!

Message 11 of 10

I am having this exact issue... I have created another website but need to replace it with the old one. Are you able to help me please?

Message 11 of 10
Square

Hi @gmoleta

It looks like you are logged into a contributor account. Can you confirm the site name, and do you have access to the main account? 

Message 11 of 10