x

how do i stop my logo from being blurry?

I have uploaded my new professionally created logo in numberous sizes, as recommended and others, and it always comes out blurry!

Admin have said they're aware of the fault, but nearly a month later I'm still waiting.... the helpline chat fell said it looked ok to him, but to everyone i show it look pixilated! When you zoom in all the other imagges and text remain crisp, except the logo! please can someone advise? www.jopond.com

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 81
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Not sure if anybody is still looking for an answer, but, what I did to fix my logo from being blurry was lowering the image size.  So, my original logo is 502 x 502 pixels, saved as a PNG.  Everytime I would upload it to the logo in my theme, it would be pixelated.  Finally, what worked was lowering the image size to 200 x 200 pixels, saved as a PNG.  This seemed to be the sweet spot as 100 x 100 was even worse than the larger one.  I hope this helps somebody!

View Best Answer >

Message 82 of 81
80 REPLIES 80

Did you fix it?
Message 42 of 81

We shouldn't have to! There's a serious fault... fix it!
Message 42 of 81
Square

I know it's frustrating. Smiley Sad We do relay your messages to the developers, though. Have you already submitted a Vote on Feature request? I know there is a pretty popular one for images in general, but I can't seem to find one that specifies a blurry logo problem. 

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

Message 42 of 81

Done, but really, what's the point! Wanting a logo that is in focus is hardly a feature request, it should be a rectified fault after 7 months of asking!
Message 42 of 81
Square

Sorry about that @Pudds. Looks like I accidentally deleted my post. I just want you to know that I absolutely understand your frustration. I'll send you a private message and you can send me over your logo file if you want. There must be something we are missing because I definitely don't see blurry logos on every site I come across. 

Message 42 of 81

Adam... still waiting!
Message 42 of 81

"submit a Vote on Feature request" has been adam's and weebly's response for two years.

are you kidding?

its not something anyone should have to request, its a design fault in your programing.

you're suggesting that we need to request that images are displayed sharply? that sharp images are an added "feature" you might offer if enough of us complain?

this isn't an issue people need to vote on, its what we expect when we pay you for hosting! (in my case, dozens of client hostings!!!!!)

STOP STALLING AND FIX IT PLEASE!

Message 42 of 81

Has this been fixed yet?  I'm really frustrated and have been messing with the logo for a client for roughly an hour.  I'm a graphic designer and have exported the logo in a bazillion different formats, but nothing seems to help.  The issue exists on my own site, but it's as terrible as it is on a couple of the other sites I've designed for clients.  I've been with Weebly for over 8 years now and am thinking about trying out another platform.  Seems like something that should have been fixed if so many people are having the same issue.   😕 

Message 42 of 81

Has this been fixed yet?  I'm really frustrated and have been messing with the logo for a client for roughly an hour.  I'm a graphic designer and have exported the logo in a bazillion different formats, but nothing seems to help.  The issue exists on my own site, but it's as terrible as it is on a couple of the other sites I've designed for clients.  I've been with Weebly for over 8 years now and am thinking about trying out another platform.  Seems like something that should have been fixed if so many people are having the same issue.   😕   Yes, I've already voted.  

Message 42 of 81
Square

Improvements to logos and images in general is something we're working on, although I don't have any updates on it right now, unfortunately. Sorry, @ahd03! I've seen varying results depending the size, shape, and design of a logo. One thing that can help is to shrink your logo down to size and save it as a PNG file, then upload that.

Message 42 of 81

Images on the website are fine Adam, it's just the logo's!

Weebly clearly isn't intersted in supporting their customers, so sadly I am looking to start all over again elsewhere.

Shame, I'll be introducing my group of 28 students to web building again this year. Last year they were all recommended to build on Weebly. This year you will loose potentially 28 new websites!

Message 42 of 81

Not to be rude but I feel as though for a company that makes platforms for websites that this issue should be super simple. I have never had this issue with any other platform. I chose weebly because the pricepoint was there and the builder so far was pretty straightforward for this site I'm building but it seems like sometimes either no one is listening or no one cares. 

If you can code a CSS/HTML site platform/template from the ground up then it should be incredibly easy to fix this. It shouldn't even take up someone's entire day. I can't imagine there are many more pressing issues than fixing the VERY FIRST THING YOU SEE on a site with your name behind it.

I'm also aware that there are semi-workarounds (still not perfect though) and an upvote to make it a feature but... how is that a feature? That's a basic function. 

Unfortunately I think I might be going elsewhere for this site because this may be a dealbreaker. 

Message 42 of 81
Square

I'm sorry for the frustration you are feeling, @jeremyleediaz. Smiley Sad What is the name of your site with the blurry logo? 

Message 42 of 81

Hi Adam,

I've just spent a bit of time and money investing in a new logo for my website and when I load it to Weebly the quality is quite fuzzy. Really not ideal, as that's at the top of my website page and represents my brand. As a photographer, I would want great quality and certainly not anything blurry. Can you let me know when Weebly will have this fixed?

Andie

Message 42 of 81
Square

Hi @andiemoore What is the name of your site please? Also, to anyone else on this thread that did not receive a reply, please post a link to your site with the blurry logo. 100% not intentional, but sometimes Adam and I do not get flagged for alerts. Seems to happen more on longer threads and I do apologize. 

Message 42 of 81

Hi @Bernadette and @Adam 

I have the same problem with the logo. I don't feel comfortable or qualified to alter the code as some have outlined on this thread. My website is www.cwexplore.com.

If you could help fix this issue I would be very grateful. 

Many thanks,

Charlie

Message 42 of 81
Square

Hi @cwexplore Can you confirm the file type, and size of the image you are uploading? 

Message 42 of 81

Hi @Bernadette 

Thanks for your reply.

The file type is .png and I have tried it with the file size at both 800KB and 80KB and it comes out blurry both ways. 

Message 42 of 81
Square

Are you resizing the logo after uploading it? Can you post the image here so we can see what it should look like? 

Message 42 of 81

Hi,

We're also having this issue.

Adam, are you able to provide a date on the when this issue is likely to be sorted please?

It seems a shame to not use Weebly over such an issue which surely can easily be resolved!?

Thanks

Message 42 of 81

"Some people have custom coded a logo in place of the default, although that requires a knowledge of CSS and HTML since you have to edit page templates and on. If you're familiar with both you could try that." What's the code in CSS/HTML to add a logo above the header? Thanks.
Message 49 of 81