x

how do i stop my logo from being blurry?

I have uploaded my new professionally created logo in numberous sizes, as recommended and others, and it always comes out blurry!

Admin have said they're aware of the fault, but nearly a month later I'm still waiting.... the helpline chat fell said it looked ok to him, but to everyone i show it look pixilated! When you zoom in all the other imagges and text remain crisp, except the logo! please can someone advise? www.jopond.com

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 81
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Not sure if anybody is still looking for an answer, but, what I did to fix my logo from being blurry was lowering the image size.  So, my original logo is 502 x 502 pixels, saved as a PNG.  Everytime I would upload it to the logo in my theme, it would be pixelated.  Finally, what worked was lowering the image size to 200 x 200 pixels, saved as a PNG.  This seemed to be the sweet spot as 100 x 100 was even worse than the larger one.  I hope this helps somebody!

View Best Answer >

Message 82 of 81
80 REPLIES 80

How is this STILL an issue?? I referred a client to use Weebly and the most basic of items...the logo is showing up as blurry?? Guess I'll be sticking with squarespace. And yes I've tried JPG and PNG and NO I don't want my logo underneath my navigation...that is an odd suggestion as websites are not structured that way.

Message 66 of 81
Square

Hi @wyo27 Can you please a link to the site with the blurry logo? Thanks!

Message 66 of 81

Best Answer

Not sure if anybody is still looking for an answer, but, what I did to fix my logo from being blurry was lowering the image size.  So, my original logo is 502 x 502 pixels, saved as a PNG.  Everytime I would upload it to the logo in my theme, it would be pixelated.  Finally, what worked was lowering the image size to 200 x 200 pixels, saved as a PNG.  This seemed to be the sweet spot as 100 x 100 was even worse than the larger one.  I hope this helps somebody!

Message 82 of 81
Square

I marked your post as a solution to make it easier for people to find it, @TargetBargains. Thanks for posting!

Message 82 of 81

I can't believe 2 years on this is still an issue! Weebly is expensive and it is crazy that this hasn't been fixed! I have spent a lot of time effort and money on my logo and it looks dreadful just because of this issue. My website looses some of its professional status because of this.

Message 82 of 81
Square

Can you please post a link to your site so we can take a look? Appreciate it, @FB123 Smiley Happy 

Message 82 of 81

Hi Bernadette 

I have managed to fix it. It was on a website how to change the HTML and it looks great now.

Many thanks

Faye

Message 82 of 81
Square

Oh awesome. Glad to hear, Faye. Smiley Happy 

Message 82 of 81

Would you mind linking us to the website which helped you fix it? Thanks!
Message 82 of 81

My very original post was marked as solved, yet i, the originator, still have had no solution! PLEASE MARK IT AS UNSOLVED! i TRIED THE SOLUTION RECOMMENDED AND IT DIDNT WORK!!!!

I'm so fed up, years of a rubbish looking logo and weeks of website building and weeks of waiting on replies to my email calls for help...  I've got no option but to stat on a new web provider. Utterly dreadful service!

Message 82 of 81

Message 82 of 81

I feel your pain it is strange to me that Weebly continues to have problems with the most fundamental issues. My logo is not an issue on any of the dozens of platforms I post it on...Weebly is the only one.

One essential part of having a website and paying for this service would be the ability to simply upload a logo, without having to know extensive coding (which by the way essentially nullifies any future Weebly support you may need) or hiring a professional. It really doesn't seem to be a big ask. This seems like an extraordinarily basic feature and is in fact a fundamental element that is part of the services I am paying for. Seems like a case of either breach of contract/terms or false advertising...

They know we cannot just pick up and move on because it's not like returning an appliance. We have already invested hours, weeks, years into these sites so they know we're between a rock and a hard space. I know one thing for sure, I will be saving to have a professional build me a proper website. One where my logo doesn't look ridiculously stupid & unprofessional. It's the very first thing that everyone see on your site. They need to fix this logo situation and people should be throwing a fit about this if they are paying for this service period.

This isn't cosmetic or a special feature. It is basic and essential.

If Weebly has supplied the feature to upload a logo at the top of your website than that features needs to work. This isnt a feature request, this is Weebly fixing an issue. Years of inaction is unacceptible.

Message 82 of 81

I would like to know how to fix this as well. But... now that Square owns Weebly are we ever going to see a solution to this?

And why was this marked as "Solved"? It is not solved.

Message 82 of 81

Wow. that's not a solution. 

Is there really no way to help this?? It's such a fundamental part of your image and branding. How is it possible that you can't do this in Weebly? 

Message 82 of 81

I have had this problem for years now, they never fix it. I will switch to another service once my subscription runs out.

Message 82 of 81

I hope you switched I'm about to...

Message 82 of 81

Hi everyone,
I came up with a solution! Regular photo (rectangle) kept being blurry, despite all others (square) being good. I opened the photo separate to the blurry image on weebly, opened it to the same size as the blurry one and cut it via 'grab' on mac, saved it as jpeg, reuploaded it into weebly and it's perfect!
Message 82 of 81

Ahhh Yes the 200 x 200 px worked for me thank you!!

Message 82 of 81