x

How do I edit my mobile site or control how content is shown on it?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

It won't let me edit my mobile site, and I'm not a fan how it's automatically been done by weebly. It's saying this is a responsive theme. Is there any way to edit this? Thanks

Message 1 of 82
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Try doing something like this, @jeremyslome:

1. Add the Hide app from the App Center to your site: https://www.weebly.com/app-center/hide?ref=ac-search

2. Drag the element into the header area, then add a spacer into it

3. Set it to only display on small devices

I think that doing this should make it so the spacers give extra height to the header area, but only on mobile.

View Best Answer >

Message 33 of 82
81 REPLIES 81
Square

Hey @megggy! It isn't possible right now to edit the mobile site separately from the desktop site.  Was there something in particular about your mobile site that doesn't look good to you?

Message 2 of 82

My website...adoithewayitwas.com....when accessed on a mobile...the heading: ADOI on one line and The Way It Was on a second lower line ...overlap each other (kind of 'bleed' together) ..making them unreadable...can that be corrected?

Thank you!

Gary Zimmer

Message 3 of 82
Square

Hey @garyz! You'll probably need to increase the line-height of your Headline text in Themes > Change Fonts.  If it's smaller than the font size the text will overlap like that.

Message 4 of 82

Hi Adam - 

I am having a similar problem with my website. Can you help me so the home page image fits on the mobile web display?

Message 33 of 82
Square

Best Answer

Try doing something like this, @jeremyslome:

1. Add the Hide app from the App Center to your site: https://www.weebly.com/app-center/hide?ref=ac-search

2. Drag the element into the header area, then add a spacer into it

3. Set it to only display on small devices

I think that doing this should make it so the spacers give extra height to the header area, but only on mobile.

Message 33 of 82

This Worked! Thank You Very Much for showing this! 

Message 33 of 82
Square

Glad to help! I'm a big fan of the Hide app and have used it on personal sites of my own. Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 82

Can you edit a mobile site w/ coding? Right now it set  as "This is a responsive theme, mobile options do not apply."

But I was wondering if I can use button under theme that says EDIT HTML/CSS and edit it from there? Would also like to edit mobile so it can be set to AMP mobile site.

Message 33 of 82
Square

You can customize the HTML and CSS of your theme by doing that, and that includes CSS that is specific to how the site displays on mobile. I'm not sure which aspects of AMP you're looking to add, though you can affect how the site displays on mobile with that.

Message 33 of 82

Hi I've got the same problem. Is there a way to edit the mobile or can I contact the designer? The Headline font looks fine on desktop view but then covers the face once on mobile view.www.adelenecheong.com 

Message 33 of 82
Square

Did someone else create your theme or build your site for you, @ana_08? We don't provide a way right now to edit the mobile site separately, but if you had a designer help you they might have some ideas on what you can do.

Message 33 of 82

Hello,

We're having the same prolem in our website

a-virada.com

SPECIFICALLY in the page

a-virada.com/volume-3.html

The pictures in the desktop page are all of the same size and sorted by alphabetical order. In the mobile website they are all jumbled and have all sorts of different sizes.

If you have a way of having us edit the website, that'd be great. Otherwise we'd need the website fixed.

Thanks!

Message 33 of 82
Square

Hi @anphph The columns on the page are not setup properly. When you add your content, you will need to pay attention to the blue guideline that is highlighted. Columns will stack so that the each column is on top of the one to the right of it, and then this repeats with the next columns element underneath that. Do you see this blue line when hovering over the content? You'll notice that the mobile order is displayed based on this first blue line. 

When you line up the content, you will want to make sure the guideline (on the right) only covers the row you are working on. When you add the second row, make sure the guideline covers the ENTIRE row above it. It's really confusing to explain, but hopefully this gif will give you an understanding of what i'm trying to explain: 

I created a copy of the page so that you can practice moving the content around. The copied page should be in the correct order, but some of your images are larger than the others. You will need to resize the images before uploading so that they display properly. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Message 33 of 82

Hey Adam!

For our site, www.CostaRicaSurfTrip.com, I'm having some big issues with the difference between the desktop and mobile versions.  Because of how it's built, the mobile version takes the information out of order so it doesn't make much sense.  

The major issue right now is with our newest page that we are editing: http://www.costaricasurftrip.com/costa-rica-surf--yoga-retreats.html

If you check it out on the desktop it looks awesome, but on a cell the information is all jumbled and makes it impossible to get the information in a reasonable way.  I don't know if the hide app would be any help here?  Or if you have another suggestion.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as a lot of our visitors are on mobile devices.

Message 33 of 82
Square

Hi @CRsurftrip

Nice site. Smiley Happy So the reason the content is all jumbled has to do with the order of the elements. I have made a copy of the page which I started to edit so you can see what I'm talking about. If you log into your editor and look at your original page you will see some grey divider lines pop up when you hover over that section. Do you see how the lines are only as long as the image and name/title of the instructor? Now go to my copy page (it's hidden so click on Pages first and it will be the last page in the list on the left hand side) and do the same hover over the elements in that section. Now the grey line is longer and covers the bio text. I purposely didn't move the Instagram names or last images so you can practice. Smiley Happy 

When you move those last few elements to the proper location make sure to pay attention to where the blue line lights up. You only want the blue line to be under the individual columns. Oh, and it looks like your images are in a gallery. You will have to re-upload those pictures into individual Image Elements. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 82

This is brilliant!  Thank you for the info.  That makes a lot more sense now!

Message 33 of 82
Square

Glad it worked out for you! Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 82

Hi! I'm having the exact same problem. www.erikadward.com

On the mobile site the about me page is off center - namely the description as well as one of the pics.

can I turn off the mobile option at all? I'm a bit confused about the answers already given. 

Thanks!

Message 33 of 82

Actually I got it figured out. Thanks!

Message 33 of 82

Hi! I tried this for the mobile view of my site (www.jrscholarship.org) and the headers seems to overspill no matter what. Can you please help?

Message 33 of 82