x

Notifications not working on mobile app

Has anyone had any issues since the recent app update where by the notifications have stopped working? I have contacted Weebly support however they say there is no issue. All usual things tried including what they have said but it is still not working. I miss hearing the cash register going 😉 

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

We run a small restaurant with very few crew members, notifications from the weebly app are crucial for us to be able to fulfill those orders during rush hours. However about a week ago all notifications have stopped, no matter if I reinstall the app or adjust the settings nothing works. Still no notifications. I've missed multiple orders resulting in unsatisfied customers which is unacceptable for us especially in a pandemic. We rely on the weebly app for online orders when customers want pick-up orders or delivery orders. We need working notifications and hope that you figure this issue out and soon.

Message 45 of 44

Same issue.

Stopped getting notifications a few days ago.  I installed and reinstalled as well toggling notifications in Settings in iOS and no joy.

Super-irritating.

Any moderator want to chime in that this is being addressed?

Message 45 of 44
Beta Member

Our restaurant is in the same situation. We need a fix quickly!

Lucky Thai
Message 45 of 44

Same here. So frustrating. This is the 2nd time this has happened,!

Message 45 of 44

This has also happened to me twice. It’s VERY frustrating as I have to constantly check my emails/app for orders.

Please update!
Message 45 of 44

I'm having the same issue on all of my devices. I usually get notifications on my Galaxy S20, iPad, and two different samsung tablets. They are all logged in to the same weebly account. As of last week, none of the devices get notifications for new orders. I've had a few customers show up to pick up orders that we didn't even know existed. Luckily the customers were patient and understanding, but any business owner knows that there is always someone waiting to take their frustrations out on you! Please fix this weebly!

Tags (1)
Message 45 of 44

I'm experiencing the same issue as well.  The last notification I received was 8/29 so this has been over a week without notifications on all mobile devices.  My email notifications are also delayed at times.  This is resulting in a poor customer experience as we need to be able to have a quick turn around (15 minutes) from the time an order is placed until it is ready.  This is the second time this has happened and incredibly frustrating.  Please moderators, we need your engineers to look into this ASAP!

Message 45 of 44

For me, it's gone the other way - I started receiving Contact Form notifications this morning which were from forms I have already received over a week ago (with notifcations back then)

In the last hour I have had about 40 notifications of "orders" but upon checking there is nothing there, and they are in fact re-notifications of various orders from the last five days.....really frustrating. 

Can someone check this please as a matter of urgency for both issues being discussed on post? I'm on iPhone 11 pro max OS 13.6.1. 

Thx

Ewan

www.sensoryconnect.com.au

Message 45 of 44
Square

Oh, wow. That's a lot of notifications! I noticed a bug was filed this morning for iOS users receiving false notifications. I'm assuming this is related. If you haven't already, can you please reach out to our support team https://www.weebly.com/app/help/us/en

Message 45 of 44

Hi, notifications aren't working again - is this being looked into? 

Message 45 of 44
Square

Can you try the following steps: Log out of the app, the long press on the app, click remove, then click delete. Re-download the app from App Store and log in. You should see the following two prompts: 

Then wait at least 20 minutes, then place a test order on the site. 

I'm in the process of testing this myself, but found these testing instructions on a previous bug that was closed. I'm not sure if this is a new issue since the latest iOS release, but I'll edit this post if I'm able to successfully receive a notification. 

Message 45 of 44

Hi, I've just tried the above process and unfortunately I'm still not receiving order notifications on my phone - only emails.

Is there any other fix for this as phone notifications are crucial for my takeaway as we don't always get the chance to check our emails for orders - thanks in advance 

Message 45 of 44
Square

I checked with our engineers and there is currently a new bug ticket open with them about this. Hopefully they resolve this quickly so you can get notifications through the iOS app again!

Message 45 of 44

Same issue here. iPhone app. 

Message 45 of 44
Square

Sorry to hear you are also experiencing this. Our engineers will hopefully have a fix soon. 

Message 45 of 44

Mine aren't working either, not are email sales coming to me. A customer had to message me to say she made an order. I had no idea.

Message 45 of 44

I am having this same issue. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app, logging out and back in nothing is working. Hoping for a fix soon.

Message 45 of 44

Same issues here. Having a Black Friday special and having to rely on emails for order notifications. Happened a few months ago then it was fixed. Also apple iPhone user. Bummer! 😫
Message 45 of 44

Has anybody found a new app similar to weebly that actually sends notifications?

it's kinda wild that this isn't fixed yet. It completely wastes a days work having to constantly refresh the app to see if an order came in. Zero side work can get done.

Message 45 of 44

Hi Adam, Are there any updates regarding this issue? we are still not recieving notifactions besides emails or manually opeing our apps. thanks!

Message 45 of 44
Square

I asked for an update yesterday and will let you know if hear anything. it sounded like we were triaging this with a partner service, but I'm not sure what the status of that is.

Message 45 of 44