x

Duplicate blog content

Hello,

My website always shows that I have tons of duplicate blog content that is showing up. I have read the other forums on weebly from a few years ago that said there is nothing you can do since weebly organizes it into categories and archives. 

I am wondering if this still stands today and if there are any articles that show that duplicate content on sites like this will not hurt my seo. 

Some say Google is "smart enough" to realize that this is not true duplicate content. Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

I am not familiar with this topic, but I'll try to loop in @whitemonkey to this conversation. He knows more about Weebly blogs + SEO than anyone I know. Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 5

@Bernadette   thx for the vote of confidence        (and the hits to my site   )  

@adziurlaj  hi     pls   what is ur websute url.

Duplicate content is ok IF        you choose a page with the original content. 

Its hard to explain.       Imagine u have 2 pages on ur blog

www.yourwebsite.com/page-1.html     and   www.yourwebsite.com/page-2.html

Add a canonical tag to the first page, the one with the ORIGNAL CONTENT

href="<link rel="canonical" href="https://www.yourwebsite.com/page-1.html">

And if u use the content of page 1 and put it on  page,2 u gotta/should add the  same  canonaical tag u added to page 1 , also  to page 2     

This tells google u are aware of the fact that u have multiple pages with some of the same content.... as to how much u can duplicate and still give each page their own canonical tag, is unknown

Hope that makes sense...   but please    what is ur WEBSITE ?

Message 2 of 5

Message 2 of 5

Hey! 

The best way to check if your content is duplicate to another is to use a plagiarism checker. I would recommend using Prepostseo.com or Grammarly.com. If it shows your content to be plagiarized, you should change it otherwise continue uploading it to your website.  

Message 5 of 5