x

Struggling with SEO for my website

Hello

So I recently polished up my website and upgraded it from the free version to the personal version. I'm going to put it in here and explain my problem: tjmathewson.com. I use it as a portfolio, to promote and showcase my work as a recent college graduate. However, when I google my name "TJ Mathewson" into Google, it shows up in the middle of the second page of search results. I'm trying to figure out how to get it into the first page of results, it's really bugging me. I have my keywords as my name (TJ Mathewson) and occupation (Broadcaster) which appears many times on the website, and it still won't go very high on the search rankings. I'm wondering if someone could take a look at it and give me some feedback? That would help out a lot.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Effective SEO isn't just about keywords. It's about solving problems. So H1 and page title tags should answer a question. Few people are going to search for something as generic as 'broadcaster'. Relying on generic keywords means you'll be competing with millions of pages. So what kind of broadcaster are you? Radio, TV, podcaster? And in what area? Current affairs, international relations, human rights, football, basketball. Try to use page title tags and H1 headlines that are a little more specific and descriptive so that people who should be finding you are finding you because you're answering a more specific enquiry. And portfolios are all about you. Try creating content that's about the visitor.

Message 2 of 2