x

Transfer owner of a site

Is it possible to transfer ownership of a weebly site?  I got the site started for someone and now I want to transfer the ownership to them. 

Please help!

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Hello @dmarshall

I can assist with this. I am going to PM you

Message 2 of 36

ok, thanks!

Message 3 of 36

You are most welcome 😃

Message 4 of 36

All set @dmarshall

Thank you very much for being a Weebly user and I hope you enjoyed your experience here in the Weebly community!

Message 5 of 36

Thanks!

Message 6 of 36

Indeed 😃

Message 7 of 36

Please let me know if you can do  the same for me.  I would like to transfer owner of a site

Message 8 of 36
Square

@MediCann wrote:

Please let me know if you can do  the same for me.  I would like to transfer owner of a site

Can you submit a ticket about the site you want to transfer to our support team, @MediCann?

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Message 8 of 36

Yes.  I already have.  I have been trying to get it transferred since Sunday.

Message 8 of 36

I too would like to transfer ownership of a site to someone else who is currently an admin. I searched the Knowledge Base and found nothing except for your individual help in the Knowledge Base. I am an avid Weebly user and often start websites for people as they are learning, and now those clients are asking to own their sites. In other words, I expect I will do this more than once.

Message 8 of 36
Square

Thanks for your post, @cosmique. You'll need to contact our support team and ask if they can move a single site into a brand new Weebly account for you. 

Message 8 of 36

I am also having the same problem, can you help me too?

Message 13 of 36

I need the same thing.  Unable to copy site as admin.  Will be changing subdomain anyways so best option.  I will then park a domain or two against the weebly site.  Thanks in advance.

Message 14 of 36

My sister started my site and now I want to be site owner - do you we go about transfer into me?

Message 15 of 36

@soontich

If you would like to have this site moved to a new account we will need to have your sister send in a request ticket. Have her state the site name and also have to mention the new e-mail address you would like to have on the new account. The new e-mail address CANNOT already be used on an existing Weebly account

Message 15 of 36

6/9/16 - morning - I created a Weebly account, planning to transfer an existing Weebly site from its original owner to my account.

6/9/16 - afternoon - during our meeting to transfer the site, the owner of the site realized she did not know how to transfer the account; believing that it was not possible to do so, she instead invited me via an email to edit the site.

6/26/16 - I discovered this thread of questions indicating the site CAN be transferred from one account to another.  However it appears from your response to @soontich that because I have my own account, the original owner cannot use my email address in requesting the transfer.

How do we work around this?  Can you override the injunction against using an email address associated with another Weebly account?  Can she request that she be removed, so that ownership of (and access to) the site remains only with me?  Right now we both have access to the site through our accounts. The goal is that the site exist only in my account.  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Message 15 of 36

@cheacoordinator, while we cannot move sites between existing accounts, you can secure a new email address for the site to be moved into, or change the old account's email address to something different and use your preferred email for the new account. If you message me directly with more information about the site name and current owner, I'll be happy to help address it.

Message 15 of 36

Thank you, @Brodie.  Neither of the options you presented will work for us.  Not only am I hoping to make the website independent of the previous coordinator;  I also want to establish an email address associated with the website. I want both to be independent of whoever is managing them, so that as management changes, we don't have to change contact info. And I want to not have Weebly be part of the name. I don't think I can accomplish my goals via our current site.

I confess that I have no training or experience with any of this; I've just been doing a lot of querying.  I think in doing so I've found a solution; please correct me if the following is wrong:

I think what I need to do is register a domain name and then establish an email through that domain.  I see that I can register the domain name through Weebly; will Weebly then be my hosting service? Will I be able to list our domain name on our literature as "www.name.org", without including a Weebly reference?

Will I have access to an email account (POP or IMAP) that will allow me to create an email address of "info@name.org".  Will that also offer an email forwarding service so that any emails to "info@name.org" are automatically forwarded to my personal email address?  Once I've established the domain and affiliated email address, will I then be able to transfer the current website into the newly registered one via the new email address?

Once established, will I then renew annually (or according to whatever plan I purchase) through Weebly?

I appreciate any help you can provide!

Message 15 of 36

Hello, could I have some assistance with this as well? I am a teacher and want to hand over access to the website to the new teacher taking over (I switched schools).

Message 15 of 36
Square

@rsjr10 wrote:

Hello, could I have some assistance with this as well? I am a teacher and want to hand over access to the website to the new teacher taking over (I switched schools).

Is that the only site in your account, @rsjr10? If so the easiest thing is to just change the email address to the new owner's email and update the password.

Message 15 of 36