x

Search Results showing deleted content (site search cached pages)

I have the weebly search tool as part of our website here.  When I type in certain searchs it returns results that include pages that have been deleted from our website. An example would be searching for "1095" (a new government report number). The first few results returned are to pages we deleted from our website several months ago.

Is there a way to "refresh" the search tool so it's only bringing up current content?

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Hello @gdashley

Our search function can sometimes keep pages cached for longer than expected. This is good in some situations, in your situation, it appears to be the opposite. I am going to do a manual reindex for your site search.

Message 23 of 38

Hello again @gdashley

I completed this process for you and you are no refreshed. Please let me know if searching "1095" and all other search produce the results you are looking for. I also adding a few other words to the title of this post so it is easier for others to find and get a solution as fast as possible. 😃

Message 23 of 38

It would be great if you could do the same thing for me as you did for @gdashley. I'd like the cache of search results for "Wood" or "Tom and Debbie Wood" to be deleted from my site. They are going into a sensitive country and need to have all internet searches for them scrubbed.

Message 23 of 38

Hey there jenmccoy54! Just to clarify, have you already removed that content from the published site?

Message 23 of 38

Please scrub all cache to the following document- Egypt and Nile mini q. I have removed the document from my website, but it is still showing up on an internet search.

Thanks

Cami

Message 23 of 38
Square

Hey there. It sounds like you need to request a recrawl of your site from Google. We can still re-index if you like, though. Smiley Happy 

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Message 23 of 38

Hi,

I would also like to have cached PDF document information cleared from our site. The original document has been removed already, only appears as a cache.

Thanks!

Message 23 of 38

Hello michael44! We've begun the reindexing here now.

Message 23 of 38

Hello! Can you please reindex my site? Zach Howell & Cru are popping up in search, when I've deleted them. They are going to a sensitive country and shouldn't have a web presence. Thanks!

Message 23 of 38
Square

No problem, @KSutton. I've de-indexed and started a re-index of the one site in your account (I'm assuming that's the site you wanted this done with).

Message 23 of 38

Yes! Thank you!!

Message 23 of 38

Can you please do this for my site also? When I google our name, I see that it's really old: http://www.nfls.lib.wi.us/

Message 23 of 38
Square

It looks like that is an active site. Is there anything in particular that looks outdated? 

Message 23 of 38

Our site https://www.oaregion1.org/ is also showing old deleted content in a search.  I was just contacted by someone who suggested I take down information that was removed at least four years ago.

Could you please reindex our site? 

And/or is there a better way for me to do this myself, or is it something I need to ask for periodically?

Thank you.

Message 23 of 38
Square

Not a problem, @BeverlyM. I've started a reindex of the site for you. It usually takes several hours or so for that to complete, but it should update results to reflect the current state of the site.

Message 23 of 38

I have lost my home page with a lot of valuable information on it. I didn't delete it, or mean to I just edited to move and now lost it. Can I get it back? Is there a history cache?

Message 23 of 38

Hello jam-wan!

I was able to restore the page labeled Home. Was that the one you were working on?

Message 23 of 38

I have the same issue. It defeats the purpose of me deleting a page if people can still access it. Could you please re-index my page? Thanks!

www.MichelleTJohnson.com

Message 23 of 38
Square

I've started a re-index of your site, @Kcmtj. It'll take a little while to complete but it should fix that for you.

Message 23 of 38

Can you please do a manual re-index of my site as well?  www.RachelMillerCalligraphy.com is yielding long-deleted pages in its search results. 

Thank you!

Message 23 of 38