x

Conversion tracking in Google AdWords

Hi everyone,

I have troubles connecting Google Conversions with my Weebly online store and it would be so great if someone could help. (Please note that "Conversions" in Google AdWords, which I am refering to, has nothing to do with the "Conversion tracking in Google Analytics or Google Analytics in general!) 

AdWords Conversions is a very important tool to optimize your AdWords campaigns and bidding strategy so I'm a bit surprised that the Weebly support team doesn't know about it or how to connect it.

In order to track Conversions directly in Google AdWords you need to to insert a "global site tag" between the  <head></head>-Tags of every site of your online store. I assume in Weebly it should be pasted in the "header section" field in "menue settings>SEO". 

Second you have to add the "event snippet code" to the page where the actual Conversion should be tracked. For an online store tracking purchases this would be the "order confirmation page" a visitor lands on after the payment. 

In Weebly I copied this event snippet code in the menue shop > settings> in the tracking field for "confirmation page".

As mentioned, it doesn't work. Talking to the AdWords support team Google can neither "see" my global site tag nor is the event snippet "firing" if a customer completed a purchase.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Clemens

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

YESSS!!! YOU DID IT, so simple but nobody knew the answer. bless you.

Message 46 of 45

Hello, sorry to bother you but... did you solve this issue?

I'm exactly in the same trouble with conversions, and Weebly support just tell me that it's not possible to install the code right. 

It's so frustrating!

Thank you so much

Message 46 of 45

Did this work for you? Thanks in advance

Message 46 of 45