x

Do reported Weebly Insight-Sales include UPS shipping cost?

I use Weebly + Square and use Weebly Insights-Sales reports to review actual sales.

1. Are these Gross Sales figures that include Shipping Cost?

2. Does Square send me gross sales that includes Shipping Cost to pay actual UPS shipping?

3. If above is true are there sales reports that show Net Sales = Gross Sales - UPS Shipping

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Thanks for your questions, @ChefFabio.

1. The sales figure in insights is inclusive of tax and shipping. It's the total amount of money collected from your customers for the given time period.

2. With your integration with Square, I don't think there's a way to separate out net sales from online transactions so it doesn't include shipping.

3. Your best option right now would be to go to your orders and export them to a CSV. You can take that to a spreadsheet like Google Sheets or Excel and use the formulas or something similar to figure out sales without shipping. Not the most elegant way to go about it, but it should work.

Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the confimations Adam. I asked this question of a Weebly Chat CSR who told me Weebly Insight Sales Report were Net of UPS shipping and sales tax. May I suggest you update the Chat team with your confirmation.

Can you please guide me on these questions related to your Export Weebly Order CSV suggestion?

1. Does the Weebly Order CSV break out UPS shipping and state taxes payable so that I can execute the Google Sheet actions you suggested I do on my own?

2. If Weebly Order CSV doesn't break out state taxes payable where can I find state taxes paid information?

3. Weebly Insight Sales does not match Square Dashboard Sales, can you please tell me the precise difference in the two reported sales figures? I didn't understand your answer to my original question #2.

Thank you for your guidance Adam. We need this kind of basic net sales reporting to manage our business. Perhaps you can feed this to product team so they can prioritize enabling a Net Sales reporting with detail feature.

Message 6 of 6
Square

Thanks for following up, @ChefFabio.

The CSV export of orders does list shipping and tax separately so you can see those separately. I'm not sure of the difference in what you see in Square vs Weebly, but I'm guessing what you see in Square is the price from Weebly less the transaction fee that Square charges (and possibly sales tax).

Message 6 of 6

Thank you @Adam ! I should be able to slice & dice the Order file export I requested. Speaking of which I requested two Order exports for January 2021 over two weeks ago. I've not received those files. Does sending Order export files typically take more than two weeks? Can you confirm what email the files were sent to? 

Message 6 of 6
Square

Order exports should go out almost immediately, and are rarely delayed. They will be sent to the email on file for the account, so they should go to the email that begins with fabio@

Can you try requesting once more, and make sure to check the spam/bulk folders?

Message 7 of 6