x

Donations 'not available'

Hi, I'm not getting any response from Weebly to my emails, can't see how to chat with anyone, and am feeling very worried that I've signed up to a Pro package and won't be able to deliver what my client needs. Please help? 

I've got an account with Stripe (Square isn't available in New Zealand) and am trying to get a donations page working. Firstly, I would have thought there'd be an option for people to put in any amount to donate, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm trying out the drop-down options for them to choose different amounts. 
Secondly it just doesn't work! There's nothing to click on or through to. Please help? I've never had an e-commerce part to a website before and I'm really stressed because I'm not getting any support from Weebly.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

@SarahFrancis 

set up a paypal account...  put a button as an image on ur site, link it to your paypal account...

i had my own PP button made...   can send if u want   ( see my buttons: https://www.nomadicbackpacker.com

or if u r a register charity, u can embed a DONATION button , directly from PayPal

alternatively, set up BUY ME A COFFEE  account stripe account needed... then people can donate with credit card.. or set up KO-fi buy e a coffee   still possible using paypal

Message 7 of 6

@whitemonkey Thanks heaps for these workarounds! I will definitely look into them because they would be less clunky than the current setup. 

Do you know why the donations page wouldn't be working though? It's a bit concerning when I've just started this website, Weebly was really easy when I used it a few years ago but I've already run into this confusing problem, and nothing seems to be configured nicely for mobile. 

(I'm also confused about why it's .html) 

Message 7 of 6

@SarahFrancis 

hey.. welcome.

i have no experience with e commerce site....   

i know paypal always makes changes..... buy me a coffee, discontiinued their partner ship with paypal   and had to try to set up a STRIPe account. tooooo long winded, so i switchd to Ko Fi, so perhaps weebly didnt updte to match PayPal .. just guessing here..

weebly makes pages by default  .html   

Message 7 of 6

Message 7 of 6
Square

Thanks for reaching out, @SarahFrancis 

I believe the donations and Stripe option requires an upgrade to the Business plan or higher.

Also, I just noticed it looks like you spoke with support, and they provided a refund for you. I'm assuming the rep was able to discuss the plans and features available. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Message 7 of 6