x

How can I integrate PayPal One Touch / PayPal Express or Braintree into my Weebly site

I have a Weebly business store, am marketing and am seeing results and sales from this marketing. After checking my stats however, I am seeing too many customers being deterred from making their purchase once they arrive at the Checkout page of my store - and I know the reason why.

There are too many steps for someone to make a payment. I accept credid cards and PayPal. However at the moment when someone has a product in their cart and is ready to pay these are the steps:

1) Customer clicks on their cart to review their product(s) and hits CHECKOUT

2) They are taken to a review page where they once again hit CHECKOUT

3) Next they select a payment option; card or PayPal

4) Once selected, they enter in shipping details

5) Once shipping details are entered they enter card details OR... they click the PayPal button which prompts them to login to Paypal

6) Once logged into PayPal they confirm their purchase AGAIN, as well as their shipping details PayPal saves in their system by default which, hence there is NO reason for customers to enter shipping details on my checkout page.

7) They then click Confirm (or in my case, they have left by step 3 or 4.

The steps SHOULD BE:

1) Customers click on their cart when ready to purchase and click CHECKOUT.

2) From checkout page they could select CHECKOUT WITH PAYPAL

3)They are taken to PayPal login page where they confirm their purchase and shipping details

4)They click Confirm or Pay Now and payment goes through. Simple right? So why cant I do this...?

I have PayPal business, I have Weebly business and I have a website and marketing campaing that works.

I am being let down by the simple fact that Weebly doesnt seem to have the option to to be able to integrate PayPal One Touch, Paypal Express or Braintree (Braintree is a PayPal owned company making Paypal easier to use) onto their sites (that im aware of)

I would prefer to run Paypal through Braintree and integrate that on my site via either a simple 'Drop-in' or 'Custom UI' option. Now I dont know how to do this so I have asked the help of an IT savvy/web developer person and they tell me Weebly doesnt have the option to do the following:

"Our Drop-in integration is quick and easy: add a full-featured checkout to your app or site with only a few lines of code, and turn on PayPal support via the Braintree Control Panel. Custom integration is flexible: build your own checkout page and accept PayPal with a few extra lines of code." (Referenced from Braintree's website).

Adding just "a few lines of code" to a weebly business store to make it easier for customers to BUY should be simple enough and should surely already be an option.

I have been into THEME in the editor and that place in confusing to me. However if there is somewhere in there, or somehow I can integrate Braintree or PayPal Express with the help of a web developer I would LOVE to know how to do this.

PLEASE Weebly, help make it easier for customers to BUY and Pay. It's generally why people open and run a business in the first place.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

I can appreciate the changes you'd like to see made to the flow of checkout, @Simone101.  Could you post these to our Vote on Features board? I think it would be good to let others vote on it as well as make it more visible to the rest of the team:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

Message 2 of 3

You gave me the same answer ages ago.

Posting elswhere  (community) is pointless withput a resolution.

Can you please tell us why this facility can not happen, or if it can, when it is likely to occur?

A lot of people, including myself, chose the paypal option for its convenience and speed.. Many, like me dispair, when they are faced with form entries, and just move on, which I think may be my next option.

Message 3 of 3