x

Is Weebly or Credit Card Processor Experiencing Technical Difficulties?

I wondered if Weebly or Stripe are experiencing technical difficulties today. Our organization has had some people report they are not able to process payment after adding items to their cart.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

No problems reported, MD3 --- have you done any testing this morning?

Message 2 of 19

I'm having this issue as well. 

Message 3 of 19
Square

What error are you customers seeing, @jackeelynn728?

Message 4 of 19

I believe it is a simple "card declined" message. and they go through every iteration possible to make it work. I actually tried to upgrade another starter site a few days ago and received multiple declined message despite the correct information to weebly. It worked two days later, but definitely caused a delay in setting up the new site and functions. 

Message 5 of 19

I've had this problem as well, possibly even for the past few days as there has been a sudden halt to my orders and have only gotten a few paypal orders since then. 

Message 6 of 19

If you haven't yet, definitely get in touch with support so they can look into the account in detail. That is absolutely something we'll need to clear up.

Message 7 of 19

She said she kept pressing the Checkout button and it would not do anything.  The Weebly support person I spoke with on the phone said that the person most likely needed to update their browser.

Message 8 of 19
Square

That's definitely possible, or that they had disabled Javascript in their browser.  I would recommend that someone enable that if they have it disabled, since it would cause issues on a variety of different websites.

Message 9 of 19

Wow, I just paid a lot of money to add the weebly shopping cart to my site hosted at globat.com.  These posts look like they are a month old.  I am having this exact problem on my site.  Every order is "payment was declined please try again"  Also my visitor stats are not recording in the store either.  This is a weebly problem and I'm curious if they have figured it out yet.  My host (globat) has finally after 4 days of declines decided to escalate it to weebly engineers.

I'm curious if this problem is going to be fixed, or do I just need to get a refund on my weebly shopping cart and get a different cart?  I don't want to waste time waiting around if there isn't a fix for it.  

btw... I love the shopping cart...if it would work.  I have lost about $1500 since going live with this shopping cart 5 days ago.   Thanks!

Donna

Message 10 of 19

Hey there donnalake!

You'll likely want to keep in touch with your host for any updates in this case. 

Message 11 of 19

Thank you, I am just concerned about how long it is going to take for weebly to get back with them?  Do you know if it takes a couple days, weeks for them to diagnose the problem?  I can't wait much longer, I'm losing customers and sales.

Message 12 of 19

We wouldn't be able to say for sure from here. If your shop is live and encountering issues, though, I'd personally recommend looking into a cart to use in the meantime to be on the safe side. Losing your sales is the last thing anyone here would want.

Message 13 of 19

Thank you, that is the plan.  Is there a way to upload an archived weebly site?  I do have my old site I can republish?

Message 14 of 19
Square

It wouldn't be possible to upload a site archive back to your account, unfortunately. Sorry!

Message 15 of 19

I have two ecommerce customers who have not been able to recieve debit/credit card payments (all being declined) since 29th October. I have been in contact with Weebly every day for the last 12 days and it still isn't resolved. My customers are loosing hundreds of pounds and more as we speak. Extremely dissapointed, very angry customers, damaging to my business and my customers business. Not good enough Weebly.

Message 16 of 19

sara99679, unfortunately your issue is one that has been escalated to our senior team, so calling our Phone Support isn't
going to get this resolved, as we have only all the same info as you do. We appreciate your patience as we wait for the 
senior team to reach out with more info or, hopefully, a resolution.
Message 17 of 19

No better now, or today for me... extremely frustrated!

Message 18 of 19

Are you serious?

Should we have a notice on the website asking people to disable Java before purchasing?

Or how about, changing their browser, because the one they are using may be no-good with the Weebly experience?

Or clearing their cache?

Message 19 of 19