x

I want to preview my shopping cart before I buy an upgrade

I have a complicated shipping set up, due to the nature of our "products". This site is an art gallery, selling original fine art paintings, which come in all sorts of sizes and weights, plus they get shipped all over North America.

However, I cannot see a way to preview what the cart is going to look and function like, without paying for an upgrade. I have no intention of paying for an upgrade if Weebly's system isn't up to the task.

Am I missing something, or am I supposed to buy a 'pig in a poke'?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

We have a 30-day full refund policy, @keiththirgood, and we also have monthly payment options. My recommendation would be to pay for a single month of Business at first - if you don't like it just let us know here or via our Help Center and we'll refund the charge. If you decide to continue and want to pay for a full year, you can pay for that at the end of the month (or just continue with monthly payments).

Message 2 of 3

Some time ago, the cart in the business plan was changed so that the buyer has to put in ALL their info before seeing the shipping amount. Prior to that, they only had to enter their zip code or country. This is unacceptable to me. I never understood this change, but I figure maybe it's to force potential buyers to give up their email address so that they can be pestered by the abandoned cart follow up. Another bane to consumers which I would never use. So I made a workaround by making Ship To product options. It's a clunky and awkward workaround, especially considering that there is no bulk editing for product options and they don't even appear in the correct order in the back end, making edits and mistake corrections incredibly tedious. But it's the best I can do right now. Shopify shipping is no better with shipping large and small art internationally, except there is an app for bulk editing the variations. It makes me want to go to eBay just for the shipping calculator. Why can't an estore provider offer this at a reasonable price? I guess it's very expensive to offer real time shipping calculations for multiple carriers.
Message 3 of 3