x

Inventory Tracking - multiple products using same stock

We have a rather unique issue in which we sell multiple products that should be tracking the inventory, however weebly only lets us track them as different invetories.

We are selling books, these books are customisable by inside pages or font on the front cover. But I want to track how many covers remain in stock. 

My current issue is that if a blue cover is ordered with a particular font, the stock count won't adjust for the same blue cover, if it was personalised with a different font. 

Any suggestions on how I can get the inventory to sync across multiple products/variants? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

How do you have your product options set up, @ljburke85? For example, if you have a book product an make a cover option, it should let you track the inventory individually for each cover color. If fonts don't affect the inventory on their own, you can set up your font options as modifiers, that way customers can choose a font but only the choice of cover affects inventory.

Message 5 of 4

This is a helpful topic for me, and I am curious about a scenario that I have. We need people to choose an option for our products, which is a choice of mounting plates that go with our drum mounts. I don't want to track the inventory separately between plate choices. This seems to point to having the plate choice set up as a "Modifier", instead of an "Option". However, I noticed when I go to set this up, there are two things that may be an issue. One is that I don't think it requires the customer to choose one of the options (which we need them to do), and the second is that it seems to allow them to choose both options (which we don't want them to do). Using the "Options" feature is working just fine, but it doesn't allow us to track inventory accurately. However we may need to stick with it if the Modifier option can't be customized they way we need it. If you know of any other way to go about this, I would love to hear. Thank you!

Message 5 of 4
Square

Hi @adamodie 👋

If you do not need to track inventory the modifier option is the way to go. Once you add the modifier, go back to the Edit Item page and you will see a "settings" option for the modifier you created. The next screen will give you an option to make the modifier required. 😊

Message 5 of 4