x

Items saying upgrade to sell

I am currently using a pro plan and trying to sell 3 digital items on my website, however all items in the inventroy say upgrade to sell. I am currently under the thinking that under the pro program you are allowed 25 products to sell. None of the support features are of any help with the advice being scroll to the bottom to contact us which just brings you to an automated respone and no further along. This is really dissapointing as I have paid for both a domain and now this weebly plan and cant even beging operating my business. Any suggestions? 

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Hi Conor. I believe you are seeing this error because your plan needs to be on the Business plan or higher in order to sell digital items. 

I'm very sorry for any confusion. If you have trouble reaching support in the future try typing in "speak with a a representative" in the automated chat box to pull up a short cut to the support teams. 

Message 8 of 7

Hi just jumping on this.. I'm currently on the highest paid plan and it is saying the excact same thing to me too.. 

Message 8 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@stimmis it shouldn't be showing that error if you're on the highest tier. Have you tried clearing your cache/browsing history and then revisiting that page? 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 7

Hi Guys,

I'm on the Pro plan (few months), my site has 23 items, Physical (not digital) and an item that was selling fine 2 days ago is now saying "Upgrade to sell" and the stock is showing as "unavailable" in my shopping cart. E.g. Drakes Pride Supalock String Measure.

I've even viewed in Incognito mode and it's the same, so no caching issue - PLEASE help urgently as this is costing me sales.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 7

Hi there,

I think I've figured out the bug. I had added two more colour options to my items, which brought the number of colours up to 6. As soon as I removed 1 colour (down to 5) my stock is suddenly "Available" again!

Hope that helps someone else!

Cheers.

P.s. This is definitely the issue as I've just tried to add 6+ options to another item and the same thing happened, suddenly my items were "unavailable". So in conclusion, when you are in your Items edit screen, make sure your item "Options" are 5 or less.

image5 options max

Message 8 of 7
Square

Thanks for sharing the screenshot @Jikman 

Yes, multiple variations of an item can count towards the number of items you are able to sell on your plan. 

It might be easier to think of it in terms of SKU numbers. If you had a shirt available in two different sizes, each size would have its own SKU assigned making two separate items. 

Message 8 of 7