x

Questions with No Answers

On Wednesday Weebly had a 'live' Q&A session for eCommerce.  I had hoped this would be far more productive than it was.  (Click on the underlined Q&A to catch up on what was said.)

The fact is that those of us running eCommerce sites via Weebly are no closer to answers.

As for the test emails, yes I'm finally getting them, but now I (as many of us do) need to recreate that wheel as all of my custom content is gone and there is no other solution.  Not cool. 

The issue with payment gateways has become nothing more than an over glorified game of "he said, she said."  All I am asking for is an estimated time frame for this to be fixed.  Not only am I losing customers and views, I am also having to make massive changes to any automated social networking content.  

From looking around and searching the community, I found a solution to put my shop on 'vacation,' much to my chagrin. I simply see no other option at this time.

I feel that we are playing round-robin with some of these issues and I, for one, am tired of it.  Can I get an answer as to when we can expect the issue regarding payment processors not receiving product details?  I don't care who is at fault and I don't want to hear any more explanations.  I would like an answer, please.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello! Thanks for coming by the Q&A earlier!

The explanation there may not have made it suitably clear, we don't currently have an ETA available for that fix, aside from ensuring it's out as soon as possible. You know as much as we do on that front, and we'll keep up with new information as much as we can, as well.

Message 2 of 5

@Queso wrote:

Hello! Thanks for coming by the Q&A earlier!

The explanation there may not have made it suitably clear, we don't currently have an ETA available for that fix, aside from ensuring it's out as soon as possible. You know as much as we do on that front, and we'll keep up with new information as much as we can, as well.

@Queso

The answer was clear, just not acceptable.  Putting your clients at risk and then not being able to give them a viable answer as to when the issue will be fixed is simply not good business in my opinion. Maybe it's just me.

Message 3 of 5

I have customers emailing me left and right wondering why "I" am not putting the product details on their paypal receipts and why "I" am putting a quantity of 1 even if they order 2,4 or 10 .  I feel like they (my customers) think that I am scamming them in some way by not having that information on there and having the quantity correct because they think that I am omitting it from the receipt for some devious reason. 

I don't see how this is such a complicated fix- I mean they got the shipping addresses added back to the paypal invoices quick enough and they somehow got order numbers transferred over to the "instructions to merchant" note section (which is another thing my customers are complaining about even though they can leave a note on Weebly).  UNLESS it is such a complicated fix because they don't plan on ever "fixing" it.  I mean, Brodie from Weebly had told me more than once or twice that they are not sending any of the product purchased information over to any of the payment processors that Weebly has available for their customers and that they were not planning on sending that information over, that they wanted that portion of the purchase experience to be taken care of on the Weebly side of things and that it was just the way that the payment processors and Weebly were doing things now.  At the time he told me this, the shipping addresses were still not being transferred over and he said that was going to be fixed, but that the product purchased information being sent to Paypal (or any of the payment processors) was not going to be changed back.  So, either he was telling me the truth and that truth has not changed, and they are just telling us what we want to hear when they say they are working on it but that they don't have an ETA on the fix, or they are just twiddling their thumbs and taking their time on something that I, as a layman would imagine would not be hard to fix at all (but to be fair, I have no knowledge on this kind of thing and am not a programmer and don't know what this kind of fix takes- maybe it is super hard!).  I just know that this has caused me a whole lot of headaches, backaches and pains in other places that I best not mention!

Message 4 of 5

@Jdrcam - AMEN! Here we are, 2.5 weeks after this charlie-foxtrot launched and STILL no closer to an answer. my patience is running VERY thin!
Message 5 of 5