x

"Where did you hear about us" option?

Hi there,

Is there a way to add ""Where did you hear about us" with a drop down menu with choices into the checkout page somewhere.

Would be nice to see how the customer found your website.

Thanks,

Kim

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

@Kapster:  It would be nice to have - for you, but why do you want to torture your visitors by having them fill out extra entry? (BTW I never do that....I skip the site or pick the first entry that pops up).

Message 2 of 8

@bobafett                       

lol i would hardly call it torture. When you have as many advertising options as we do this feature would help us to determine which advertising option is working or not working etc.

Message 3 of 8

@Kapster:  As I said, it is USEFULL TO YOU.  Not to me.  If you make it easy for customers - less buttons to click, less entries, less information they have to give out would make it easy for them to return.

Just look at Weebly, they don't even ask your name if you want to signup and start creating websites. 

Message 4 of 8

@bobafett: I know what your saying, Weebly, no doubt gets the required information elsewhere. I like your website, can i Hire your services to add the "Where did you hear about us" option? lol
Message 5 of 8

@Kapster:

Thanks for the complement.  No I can not do that for the checkout page....much higher level for me.

Message 6 of 8

I wouldn't say it's "torture" I agree with the OP. if you are spending money advertsising your site, it is invbaluable information to know how people are finding you. You are not forcing customers to fill in the field, it would be their choice but most people are pretty helpful when asked nicely.

I would welome this addition.

Message 7 of 8

Hey there!

On most pages, I'd recommend using the Form element to add that on. Where the checkout pages are concerned, however, customization there is limited. You may want to look into CSS editing for that, though we wouldn't be able to advise you directly from there.

Message 8 of 8