x

How Can I Make the Email Address Field "Required" During Checkout?

I am selling an online service and need to be able to follow up on on purchases via email. 

1) Is there a place where I can see which fields appear for customers during checkout?

2) Is there a way to make email address a required field?

Thanks in advance,

Maria

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

I'm pretty sure the email address is already a required field in our checkout forms by default, @MariaMiyuki, so you shouldn't need to do anything special to make that happen. As for the rest of the fields, you can see that yourself if you've connected to a checkout provider and test.

Message 2 of 7

Hello

Although if have (a.o) email address as a required field (nicely with the red asterix *), my form just gets Sent no matter if and what you type anything in that field.

Sorry but nothing seems to work any more on my weebly forms (same for captcha). It used to when i just started with the Paid plans of Weebly.

I really nconsider migrating my 4 websites (paid plans) to another software.

Or is there an (urgent) solution?

Carine

Message 8 of 7
Square

Hi @Carine-Weebly Can you post a link to your contact form? The system should definitely error if anything other than an @ email address is entered. Thanks!

Message 8 of 7

Hello Bernadette
Thanks for your attention.
Now, I guess you’re right. The only thing is that if a wrong email address is entered, I will not know. But probably this is not solvable and in any software the case unfortunately.

Further on, with my last trial of 2 minutes ago, now also the CAPTCHA worked (perhaps because I was also complaining about this on the Community and somebody nicely fixed it?).

For your info: the form is on www.level600-ts.com - page OFFERTE  (at the moment only testing in language NL).

Have a great Sunday,

Carine
Carine

Message 8 of 7
Square

I just submitted a test form entry for you @Carine-Weebly. Let me know if you don't receive that!

Message 8 of 7

Dear Adam,

All OK regarding the email

Thanks,

Carine

Message 8 of 7