x

How do I connect my site so I can sell on Facebook and Instagram?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience in creating a Facebook catalog with their Weebly ecommerce site?

I would like to be able to post on Instragram with the shopping tag, but from what I've read I need to create a Facebook catalog first.

Message 1 of 51
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

With a Square Online store, it is possible to sync your online store with Facebook and Instagram to sell on both (Square acquired Weebly in 2018 so Weebly is now a Square product). To create a Square Online store, go to Squareup.com and create an account, then click on the "Online" link in your Square Dashboard and click the button to get started.

For more detailed instructions, see the connecting with Facebook and connecting with Instragram articles in the Square support site.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Square

Best Answer

With a Square Online store, it is possible to sync your online store with Facebook and Instagram to sell on both (Square acquired Weebly in 2018 so Weebly is now a Square product). To create a Square Online store, go to Squareup.com and create an account, then click on the "Online" link in your Square Dashboard and click the button to get started.

For more detailed instructions, see the connecting with Facebook and connecting with Instragram articles in the Square support site.

Message 2 of 51

That's disappointing. So, there is no way of creating a Facebook catalog with a website built with Weebly, is that correct?
Message 3 of 51
Square

Not at this time that I know of @kandw. If you haven't added support to this thread definitely do so when you have the chance! https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Connect-Weebly-products-to-Facebook-store/idi-p/797...

Message 4 of 51

Ok. Thanks for letting me know.
Message 5 of 51

I've been looking into this. There is no direct integration, but there are other ways to do it. 

1. Direct integration, that is a NO with Weebly. Consider Shopify or BigCommerce, there are others. 

2. Upload a CSV with all your products to facebook... I know... it's terrible, but currently the ONLY way to get it to work with Weebly.

3. Using a Facebook Pixel, this is a dynamic way of doing it. HOWEVER: Weebly restricts the metadata tags you can use. Basically, they intentionally block you from doing it this way. 

I opened a ticket with weebly and received no answers on my email. I waited on the phone for 30 minutes and no-one answered my call. I also tried chat and waited a good 20 mintues with no response....

I'm paying for a Weebly Business site.... their support is just terrible.. I may consider changing to something else, but I basically paid for a whole year in advanced... I'm currently evaluating new solutions and migration will be a pain.

If you want to do this and are in the early stages, MOVE AWAY FROM WEEBLY. 

Message 8 of 51
Square

Thanks for posting, @dufyd. It seems like there might have been some technical issues with our chat integration, although it looks like you've followed up with the agent via email with your questions. The only way to add meta tags to a product page right now is to add them with the Embed Code element in the long description. It's not technically proper form since they should go within the <head> </head> tags, although it might still work anyway.

Message 8 of 51

@Adam has there been any updates on this.  It shows i should be able to... i complete all the steps but then facebook is still asking for microdata tags to offiically connect. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wprz3xcf8wo5l5k/Screenshot%202019-07-17%2015.05.36.png?dl=0 

above is a screenshot when i get to the facebook side. 

Weebly customer support tells me they can't help me.  facebook tells me its a weebly issue.  for the love of all things good...i just want to have a catalog of products on facebook

Message 21 of 51
Square

Hi @bebrooke1998 It's definitely a frustrating issue since we're limited to what we can access. I'm actually trying to practice this with my mom's account and I'll let you know if I am able to successfully connect. I know we do have users that have been able to activate the integration so it's definitely possible! It looks like you've talked to a few reps here so I'm also going to sync with the reps to make sure Adam and I have all the relevant information. 

Message 21 of 51

Hi I am also having these issues. My catalog is connected but is showing 0 products. Have you had any developments on this issue?

Message 21 of 51

Message 21 of 51
Square

Hi @gina_123. I still can't get my mom's account to connect, but I think it's something on Instagram's end since we were able to successfully connect her catalog. What is the name of your site and can you post the latest error you see on Facebook or Instagram? 

Message 21 of 51
Beta Member

So can you confrim that this isn't working and its broken?

Message 21 of 51
Square

Not quite.. my mom's account has an issue with verifying her Insta is a business account. I was just using that as an example to show that it can be complicated to connect because there's many steps required by FB and Insta. 

The feature itself is 100% working, we just need to troubleshoot. Smiley Happy I don't think we've talked before so can you please provide the site name and the current status? How far into the integration did you get? 

Message 21 of 51

Can you please outline the steps you've taken with your mom's account?  Just want to know if inventory from Weebly data source could be linked to Facebook Shop.  What is the URL for the Weebly inventory data source?

Or if it could be done with Facebook Pixel please let us know how as well, thanks.

Message 21 of 51

Mine says 0 products as well and I don't know how to fix it.

Message 21 of 51
Square

Were you able to successfully connect with Facebook, @shanblack, outside of not seeing any items within  Facebook itself?

Message 21 of 51

Adam,

Yes it uploaded everything that is on my website but It says the item is out of stock. I can't figure out how to put how many items are available and if I sell it on facebook will it take it out of my inventory?

Message 21 of 51

I am having problems connecting with my Facebook page. I keep getting an error when trying to connect. I think it's because weebly is trying to log into Facebook using my weebly information. It tells me I have logged into Facebook with Weebly before. Do I change my email and password to on Facebook to match weebly?  Right now I have to add products to both weebly and Facebook. It's driving me crazy. I don't want to have to maintain both weebly and Facebook products.

Message 21 of 51
Square

What page do you see this error on? Connecting Facebook/Instagram is a bit difficult at times, but hopefully we can get you through it. Smiley Happy Can you please post a screenshot of what you see? 

Message 21 of 51

This is not working for me, Square is telling me its not ready to connect to my weebly account? Any other tips for this?

Message 22 of 51