x

affiliate marketing only

Hi everyone, I am starting a new blog and I would like to add products but based only on Affiliate marketing (no direct sales). Sorry for the ignorance, but shall I add a store page for this purpose? even if not a real e-commerce? What do you suggest? Thanks a lot for your help!
Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Since you're intending for all sales to be handled through Amazon, the way you're doing it now makes the most sense @Otta.  I wouldn't use our Store features in this case since it might just confuse your site visitors and make extra work for you.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Hi, @Otta!

I'm not sure what this is supposed to look like. Do you have an example of someone else doing this that I can see? 

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 22

Hi Erin, thanks for your reply!Smiley Very Happy

Please have a look at his blog : http://pinchofyum.com/shop as you see they do not sell directly, and if you click on any products, Amazon product page will open (that is what I meant) and the user can buy from there...

Please let me know if any suggestion as I am quite confused 🙂

ciao!

Message 3 of 22
Square

Best Answer

Since you're intending for all sales to be handled through Amazon, the way you're doing it now makes the most sense @Otta.  I wouldn't use our Store features in this case since it might just confuse your site visitors and make extra work for you.

Message 4 of 22

Hi.  I just Chat to a representative about my embeded codes not apear to be working. this codes comes from a affiliate market. They provide me the codes for using the in my pages. She told me that as they look like ads weebly only aprove 3 ads for page and that my account may be banned for that. NOW I'M Confused!! how i a suppose to stablish a affiliate store??? Help here Pls. Smiley Happy 

PD. I have never heard that AD stuff

Message 5 of 22
Square

Sorry for the confusion! You can use affililate ads on your site as long as that's the only single purpose of your site (to display ads).

Message 6 of 22

Hi Adam,

Apologies for being late to the party on this issue but I'm keen to ensure that if I have a site on Weebly it will allow me to display a selection of products, have a description/write-up of each of them and an affiliate link for each of them.

Can you confirm that this is okay please (as I'm still not quite sure)?

Best regards,
Andy

Message 7 of 22
Square

That should be easily do-able, @AH1. Were you planning on selling directly through your site, or only using affiliate links?

Message 8 of 22

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm planning on having affiliate links only (along with images and descriptions, but no direct selling), but there will be more than 3 per page. Can you confirm that this will be okay please, and if so, which of the pricing schemes should I use (ie could I do this on a free, starter or Pro scheme or will I need to use a business one)?

Best regards,
Andy

Message 9 of 22
Square

Since you're not planning on selling any items you could do this with just standard elements (images, button elements, etc) rather than our store features. I'd check out Starter and Pro and see which has the features that you need most:

http://www.weebly.com/pricing

Message 10 of 22
Square

Oh, and if you ever decide you want to start selling directly through your site you can always upgrade to business later for that.

Message 11 of 22

Not in a million years, not on Weebly.

Message 12 of 22

Hello Adam,

I have worked out how to put in an affiliate link using the Embed Code.  I am wondering how I can do this using the "Button".

I would like to put "Buy Now" and insert the code into the button but it tells me the link is not appropriate.  However, the same link works when using the Embed Code.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 22
Square

Hi @Nicole1 You wouldn't be able to add the snippet of code to the button link. Is there a URL you can link directly to? Do you mind pasting the code that works with the embed element? 

Message 14 of 22

I also have sites with content, text links and images of products that when clicked on reader is taken to Amazon. 

I was told recently that I cannot have any more than, in total, 3 ads PERIOD no matter which package I have  I don't use Adsense at all.  I did have some banner ads, but I am removing them as I find them.  Amazon  has a new Native Ad for products and a text/image way of showing products.

Nobody is going to earn anything with a limit of 3 text links, 3 product images, or 3 products if they have an e commerce store. 

I was told several years ago, there was not any limits for Affiliate marketers such as Amazon Associates other than 3 or less Adsense ads, Chitka Ads etc.  I don't Chitika or Adsense.   I use text links since I am involved with other networks where I can promote products from major retailers through them such as SkimLinks.  

I think it is time for Weebly to let us know what the real deal is.  If you look at the pricing page, no mention of ads for Free, Starter Package, Pro and Business until you get to ecommerce, but the most expensive package there says NO LIMITS on ads, while there is for cheaper E Commerce package.

If weebly is putting limits on Affiliate Marketers, there is no point in being here.

Message 15 of 22
Square

Which part of our pricing page mentions ads, @LindaSmith? There's a mention about Weebly ads, but that refers to the link in the footer of the site and not third party ads.

Message 16 of 22

Adam:  

Below is copy of chat and a follow up email.  Then this was followed up several times with emails backing up 3 ads only.  I was told this went into effect a couple of years ago.

I checked before I spent money with Weebly and was told the 3 ads were for ads from ad companies such as Adsense, Chitika.  I was told that Amazon Associates are not limited to amount of links, products that they show on their pages, limits were for E-commerce stores on Weebly.  I must have deleted some of the emails but again, I got the Section G from TOS that states 3 ads only.  In fact, I was told that it was possible that one day I may find out that my sites are gone for having more than 3 so called ads which are nothing more than clickable images from Amazon and text links.

I did have banner ads, by merchants from Affiliate networks and Amazon. I dont know if they are considered to be "ads" even though they are part of affiliate marketing but I have removed most if not all of them months ago.  Once in awhile I run across one I missed and remove it.

I would truly appreciate if you could find out what is going on with this 3 ad limit business. I have multiple sites, 5, on Weebly and some will start to expire early next year.  I will be moving them if we cannot have more than a total of 3 links, product images from Amazon and other affiliate networks.  I have already bought hosting with another company and starting a new site on there. 

Linda

Your request (5074789) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Ash (Weebly)

Oct 11, 16:34 PDT

Hello,

We do list a limit of 3 ads per page on our Terms of Service page:

Section g. Excessive Advertising: placing excessive advertising on your site, including more than three ad units per page

https://www.weebly.com/terms-of-service

Ash (Weebly)

Oct 13, 14:45 PDT

Hello again,

As noted previously, we do list a limit of 3 ads per page on our Terms of Service page:

Section g. Excessive Advertising: placing excessive advertising on your site, including more than three ad units per page

https://www.weebly.com/terms-of-service

This policy has been in place for a number of years now.

As for the AdSense limitations, this is imposed by Google and is not something we are able to override.

Ultimately, if the primary purpose of your site is to host third party ads (links, pop-ups, banners, AdSense, etc) or drive clicks to external sites, your site would be in violation of our Terms of Service.

Thank you!
Ash
Policy Enforcement Team

Ultimately, if the primary purpose of your site is to host third party ads (links, pop-ups, banners, AdSense, etc) or drive clicks, your site would be in violation of our TOS.

Thank you!
Ash
Policy Enforcement Team

Linda Smith

Oct 10, 15:16 PDT

Linda Smith

Oct 10, 14:20 PDT

Chat transcript:
Visitor: linsm2010@gmail.com
Visitor: Loading time is horrible 
Leslie S: hi there Smiley Happy So sorry you are having issues! Is this for your website or logging into Weebly? 
Visitor: Getting site to load takes forever if at all. Images are taking a very long time to load
Leslie S: so this is your live site then
Visitor: Yes. This is the one I have been working on. http://www.justhomeandkitchen.com

Visitor: This is one page that takes forever with image http://www.justhomeandkitchen.com/rustic-western-kitchen.html

Visitor: I Have used 2 dif browsers to get same Firefox and Chrome. 
Visitor: Never experienced this before.
Leslie S: that site loaded perfectly on my end. However, you have many many embeds on that site. Every embed you add to your site will slow the page down since your internet has to load your site then the embeds as well 
Visitor: Click publish again same issue
Leslie S: I am visiting your live site and it is loading. Is this your editor now? 
Visitor: In editor now, still same issue
Leslie S: You editor is loading completely on my end as well
Visitor: Circle loading goes round and round and round
Leslie S: Have you tested your upload speed? 
Visitor: No. Don't know how to do that. Nothing has changed with sites. I have been removing things from it. Other sites, not weebly, are not doing this
Leslie S: I have a feeling that you are having issues with your speed. I have loaded the editor and your live page and did not have an issue at all. But we have an extremely high speed here. You have a ton of embeds and content on your pages , so if you have any issues with your connection speed, or it's not that great, you will experience this
Visitor: I can click on publish, site is published message and the black loading thing still going around and around without anything from site showing
Leslie S: I just clicked publish and the loading circle was only there for a second 
Visitor: This is small site and getting same http://www.kitchengadgets-tools-accessories.com/
Leslie S: That site still has many embeds. That is your issue. The embedded content on top of your speed. If you go to speedtest.net, was is your download speed?
Leslie S: I also will like to let you know that we do have a clear ToS where you can only have 3 ads per page It looks like you have spent a lot of time working on your sites, so I would hate for anything to happen since you do have more than 3 ads per page
Leslie S: Are you there?
Visitor: This is not a store, or a business
Visitor: I was told no limits unless store or business site
Leslie S: what do you mean by no limits?
Visitor: No ad or page limits
Leslie S: you don't have a page limits, but there is a very clear 3 ad limit on each page regardless. You can check out https://www.weebly.com/terms-of-service to see that 
Visitor: I started 4 years ago and asked about this several times and got answer no limit bc not a store, e commerce site.
Leslie S: it does not matter what type of site you have. Ads are ads. I just wanted to let you know 
Visitor: Okay, looks like I will be leaving Weebly
Leslie S: I'm sorry. I just wanted you to know before you could potentially not have access to anything 
Visitor: okay, but it costs too much to have this kind of restriction. I knew there was a limit with Adsense type ads, but not product images from Amazon
Visitor: 4 years of work is going to go down the tubes
Leslie S: the cost would be irrelevant. It doesn't matter what plan you have, or type of ads, there is a 3 per page limite
Leslie S: limit*
Visitor: Okay, when sites expire, they will be gone.

Message 17 of 22
Square

We need to have a limit to help prevent peope from making sites which are nothing more than a bunch of ads or affiliate links to other sites. It's not that there's anything wrong with affiliate links or ads, but we don't want sites that are essentially just link farms.

Message 18 of 22

Adam: Now you mention limit!   There are 2 pages for this thread essentially asking the same thing.

Is there or is there not a limit on how many links we use that are for affiliate marketing, links for our readers to get more information, product images for products that when clicked on, reader is taken to Amazon.

Nobody wants to spend hours putting content together along with searching for products that relate to that content, and then find out that their site, hard work has disappeared bc Weebly shut site down.  

Message 19 of 22

I looked again and for websites, mention of adsense dollars. Ecommerce sites is where there are limits on products. I don't have an ecommerce site. I have let others know what I was told, some have as many as 30 sites with Weebly. Again, in beginning I was told 3 ads for companies like Adsense , not for Affiliates for Amazon, Skimlinks, etc.
Message 20 of 22

Got it!

Message 21 of 22