x

Taxes and Sales Tax

Please tell me this is a joke.  I've been on the forum searching for issues with my online store not charging sales tax for each transaction after I have set it up to charge tax.  I'm really hoping that I have just overlooked a solution somewhere. If not I find it utterly RIDICULOUS to think that working business people have to utilize valuable time to sit and intergrate every zip code in the US one by one in order for customers to be charged sales tax.  ARE YA KIDDING ME??? Seriously!!! Weebly this is not cool.  You force people to upgrade from Pro sites to Business in order to get the features that you truly need in an online store, one of such features being the ability to charge sales tax then you have the audacity to not disclose the fact that a business will have to enter in zip codes one by one.  THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!!!  This will cause paying customers to look elsewhere.  What business wants to be zapped with making up for the taxes that were supposed to be charged but weren't. Two thumbs down if this doesn't get fixed.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, @maomuning!

Thank you for your candid feedback. We understand how tiring the current tax process is, and we are currently working to improve the functionality. I will certainly pass your comments on to our Product Team for consideration. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you in the meantime.

Thanks,

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 8

Hello!! 

I really need to be able to differentiate between products and services and charge the taxes applicable with my weebly account.  Services I need to be able to charge just GST.  Products I need to charge both GST and PST.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!   This is not working for me --- I've had customers phoning even about this..... I love weebly but this problem may force me to look at another website platform.... Please fix this problem asap... I'm sure I'm not the only one who's having problems with this --- or others whom decided not to use Weebly because of this.  Thank you, Christina Thoen www.christinathoen.com

Message 7 of 8
Square

If you haven't yet can you submit a ticket to our support team about that, @christinathoen? If something requires changing on our end they can escalate it to our advanced tech team to triage with engineering:

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

In the meantime, one possible solution is to turn off tax for your service products and include the GST tax in the service price. It wouldn't be split out in your orders, thought at least you wouldn't lose any money or overcharge. 

Message 7 of 8

Is there a current work around yet for this issue in Canada? I would also like to charge GST on services and GST and PST on products.

Message 7 of 8
Square

Hi @oksnhc I'm still trying to get an update for you. I don't believe so, but will verify with the team as soon as possible. 

Message 7 of 8

This is outrageous and we got no advance warning. 

Message 9 of 8
Square

Hi @ArtWorksRVA This thread is a couple years old and may not be relevant anymore. Can you please confirm the issue you are having? 

Message 9 of 8