x

For Existing Square Capital Users...How can I become eligible for another Square Capital Loan?

I am an existing Square Capital User with a small loan amount.  I previously held a square capital loan and was offered to increase my Square Capital loan, which I accepted.  

How can I receive this offer again?  Do I need to reach a certain percentage paid off before I can be offered another loan?  

Any help is appreciated!  Thank You! 

Message 1 of 89
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @IMPACT23 - I'm sorry about your frustration with your Capital experience. I understand how frustrating it can be to not be eligible. I want to clarify that if you have received a loan in the past, there is no guarantee that you will be offered another one (check out this Help Center Article about becoming eligible for another loan). We are continuing to track feedback we receive about the Capital program/product, so thank you for taking the time to post and share your experience. Please let me know if there's anything else I can convey to my team about your experience in particular.

View Best Answer >

Message 36 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
Super Seller

@katieand @Whatever happened with the long survey we did last year about square capital and different options they were looking into one was like a revolving credit, the other was say you were at 65% paid off but had a great opportunity to expand or buy inventory you could request early? These were all just survey Q&A and I was actually contacted a couple times for more feedback back but I’ve never seen or heard of any of those options available or anymore talk of them? I’ve been with square since I’ve opened my doors and never ever one single problem! I’ve been offer multiple different card options and turn them away before they end their speech. Others bash it but honestly you get what you put into it just like your business and I for one am glad 4/5 years ago I went with square. 

Message 22 of 89
Admin

@Twpchair

Hey there! Glad you have stuck with us as well. 😃 

Even though you've provided feedback in the survey, we'd be happy to get some more Feedback passed directly to the Product team if you have a specific product request and want to speak to the team about it. We’re always collecting feedback to determine what to build next.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 23 of 89
Super Seller

@kellyj .Would love to be able to access or have a revolving line of credit on our existing square capital loans. Right now I have an opportunity for our yearly billboard at a reduced priced for paying yearly and I’m at 68/70 % paid it would be awesome once you’ve reached a certain % say 50 % to access your balance when you NEED it or have the funds available to extend your existing loan once you’ve reached a certain percentage. My deadline is next Monday 😳. Thank you guys for all you do and always keeping in touch with us!

Message 24 of 89

if i only took half of what was offered can i access the balance

Message 25 of 89
Admin

Apologies for this late reply @flowershopon4th! To confirm, there isn't a way to receive the remainder — if you are eligilble for additional a Capital in future you'll see a notification in your online Square Dashboard. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 26 of 89

Square use to be pretty good about offering loans to it's clients.  Not so good any more.  I have had four loans with them and they were all paid back in a timely manner.  When asked for a new loan I was turned down.  I chose to go with another loan out side of Square.  As a business owner I need to know I can depend on a loan if I need it.  Square does not offer dependability they seem to randomly give loans.  My suggestion is you take your business to another Lending Agency who can produce a loan when you need it not when they are feeling generous. Remember Square is making money off of you on every loan and Square Capital is not cheap money.

Message 27 of 89

Can I apply for more money on an existing loan?

Message 28 of 89

Can you see if I can get a loan on an existing loan

Message 29 of 89
Admin

Hey @Fisherman! Our Capital Team would be able to look into your account and answer your question. They can be reached here.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 30 of 89

I do not see my lone amount being deposited to my bank but you saying you have deposited I called my bank they don’t see it 

it should be reflected to my balance but it’s not is it taking longer because of the amount over 3000 $$ please let me know

Message 31 of 89
Square

Hi @Mouhammed1966!

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue! I will be following up with you via email, so please be on the lookout for an email from Square Capital. 📩 

Message 32 of 89

Congrats on getting an offer and getting APPROVED!!!!

Message 33 of 89
Super Seller

Did it all get worked out?

Message 34 of 89

They say keep processing but I process large amounts EVERY MONTH I received 1 loan paid it off early and never received another it seems they have unfair lending practices going on because they way they go about it really isn't fair. They claim there's a method to the maddness but they can never answer what that is. A generic answer is all you will recieve. Many of us are getting fed up with being treated unfair. 

Message 35 of 89
Square

Best Answer

Hi @IMPACT23 - I'm sorry about your frustration with your Capital experience. I understand how frustrating it can be to not be eligible. I want to clarify that if you have received a loan in the past, there is no guarantee that you will be offered another one (check out this Help Center Article about becoming eligible for another loan). We are continuing to track feedback we receive about the Capital program/product, so thank you for taking the time to post and share your experience. Please let me know if there's anything else I can convey to my team about your experience in particular.

Message 36 of 89

So the problem Regina is they say I'm not qualified but refuse to tell me what I need to do different to be qualified. When I ask it's a generic answer. You can say it's account sensitive but you ahve my email. You could always send the response there. After all you guys knew a reporter sent a message to my inbox, how would you ahve access to that?

Message 37 of 89

Good LUCK!

Message 38 of 89

So I do believe in a higher power for sure, but people are getting contacted about their loans practices and I guess before I answer I wanted to reach out a give square a chance to make it right. I have been loyal to them and I like their processing. So I was hoping they value their customers we shall see.

Message 39 of 89

I agree

Message 40 of 89
Square

Hi again @IMPACT23! Unfortunately, whether it is on Seller Community or in a direct email, we are unable to go into the specifics about the qualifying criteria for a Square Capital loan because the information used in proprietary. However, if you haven't yet, you can check out this Help Center Article: Square Capital Loan Eligibility It touches on key factors for eligibility and what to watch out for. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Message 41 of 89

@IMPACT23 Part of the reason they may not be able to give specifics is because their benchmarks are constantly changing with market conditions.

Square has limited funds available for Capital, and that pool changes daily. So their criteria for who to give their limited funds to must also change. If their pool is smaller - lots of loans already outstanding, using funds to develop a new service with an expected higher ROI, seasonal variations, a change in the prime interest rate, or whatever - then their criteria will become more stringent.

And their formula might change as well, adjusted as necessary to give them results more in line with their changing business goals.

My point is, not only are they probably unwilling to give specifics (because that would reveal proprietary information), but it’s pretty likely they are literally unable to give a straight answer even if they wanted to, because a straight answer doesn’t exist.

Imagine they actually gave a specific answer to someone. Something like: “Process $x more per week on average, with between y-z% being repeat customers, and have less than w% chargebacks. Then we will offer you a loan.” But then, when the user does so, they say “sorry, the criteria has changed; now you need such-and-such”. Wouldn’t that be enraging?

Message 42 of 89