x

Gift Card / Loyalty Program Question

Hi,

I've just received physical gift cards and am also looking at starting a rewards program for my cafe.  Here is what I am considering:

• One star awarded for every $2 spent.
  • Reward is redeemable once 25 start are accumulated.
  • One star will be awarded for providing email address.
  • Reward is $4 of next purchase(?)

A couple of quick questions:

1. If a customer purchases a $50 gift card, or maybe $48 + email address, they would effectively automatically get the $4 off at time of purchase, so it's a spend $50 get $4 back in credit, correct?
  2. If a customer then spends $3 from the credit, would that $1 still be subtracted from a future purchase?

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @SF-SL  we have been running loyality rewards for a month now, it was also our thinking that there would be those that wanted the reward as part of the initial transaction, however the reward is issued after the finalised transaction so it would then be used on the next visit, now whether that be in 30 seconds or a couple of days, its still considered a second transaction. Hope that helps. 

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the info!  If the complete reward is not used in a single transaction, will the balance of the reward carry over to the next transaction?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for chiming in @hazeicecream

@SF-SL A reward can only be redeemed once. If you don’t redeem the full value, the remainder of the reward can’t be redeemed at a later time unfortunately. 

Message 4 of 4