x

What do I do when I can't log in and it keeps trying to get me to log in with Facebook?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Solved my own problem...  I post here for others' knowledge and for the Admins... maybe you can fix this bug??

I was logging into Weebly but would get kicked over to a page trying to get me to link Weebly and Facebook, which said FB would get access to my picture, profile, other public info, etc.... not feelin' that so I cancelled.  My wife tries, same thing.  Tried different browsers, same result.  

Tried chatting with customer support.... No help.  Repeatedly told me to clear my cache when I knew that was not the problem.  3 different computers, and different browsers.... it's not a cache problem.  

GET THIS!   When you type in the wrong password, instead of Weebly telling you it's the wrong password, it is kicking you to a different screen and trying to get you to login by linking with FB or Google+....  

But.... when you realize you had the wrong password and type the CORRECT password, it magically let's you in without going through FB. 

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Glad to hear that you figured out what was happening! It is true that if you enter a wrong username or password, we will sometimes have you attempt logging in through Facebook instead. If someone has never used Facebook login, then resetting your password is definitely the right thing to do first.

If you aren't sure what email address you used, or if you have lost access to the email address then you can use our Account Recovery form instead to get help from our support team.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Square

Best Answer

Glad to hear that you figured out what was happening! It is true that if you enter a wrong username or password, we will sometimes have you attempt logging in through Facebook instead. If someone has never used Facebook login, then resetting your password is definitely the right thing to do first.

If you aren't sure what email address you used, or if you have lost access to the email address then you can use our Account Recovery form instead to get help from our support team.

Message 2 of 27

Happened to me too. Extremely frustrating as I don't have a facebook account and now can't access my weebly account at all. This is a business account and I need it to run my business. You know about the bug, so why isn't it fixed?

Message 4 of 27

Thank you! This saved me a call to customer service and a headache! 

Message 5 of 27

THANK YOU for posting this. What a puzzling thing.
Message 5 of 27

THANK YOU!!! This was really bugging me, I didn't get why I was being thrown over to a Fb login page every time.

Much appreciated 🙂

Message 6 of 27

wow! thank you for sharing this information.

i've been puzzled on how come weebly turn in to facebook while i'm trying to login.

apparently, yes! i'm entering the wrong password.

this is should be fix by weebly. annoying.

Tags (1)
Message 22 of 27
Square

Hi @snydez It is frustrating that it isn't more clear and I apologize. If you do not have Facebook login connected to your account you will instead see a warning that tells you the email/password combo is incorrect. To disable Facebook login connection: click on your name in the top right corner and then Account. Then click Edit Profile on the left hand side and scroll to the Facebook connection section. You should see the option to disable. Hope that helps! 

Message 22 of 27

My password is not incorrect yet I'm being shuttled over to Facebook's website. I'm at an utter loss as to what to do. I don't want my Weebly account and my FB account to have anything to do with each other (and I never opted in).

Perhaps more alarming: I can't ask for support without...LOGGING IN!

Message 22 of 27

Oh man did I just learn so much about this problem.

For those who've arrived at this post because they're being inexplicably shuttled off to a completely unrelated third party's website (!!) here's what I learned.

1. It's not neccessarily a bad password. Read on.

2. If you *ever* signed up with Weebly in the past—even as an editor (I think)—it will have retained THAT info about you, ignoring anything newer—either on Weebly's end or in your browser's cookies.
3. As if that wasn't confusing enough, after I deactivated the old account and tried to log in again, the first thing it did was repeatedly give me a reset passsword screen. Finally I gave up and just did as it told me.

Replying to Bernadette's comment above: The path you describe no longer exists (or maybe that's for paid websites?); there is no "edit profile". The closest thing I found was "External accounts" under the main account page. Nothing there.

...and all this happened because I was cut off from support chat. Tried reloading the page but it never came back, so I logged out to log back in. Oh the irony.

Weebly: Please—pretty please. Take a look at your login logic. I just came here to make a site for our school's PTO but I've spent the last hour pulling my hair out.

Message 22 of 27
Square

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue! 

Message 22 of 27
Square

What is the name of the site you are trying to access, @orangefizz?

Message 22 of 27

Not sure what you mean by "site" in this context...Weebly obviously? Certainly not Facebook...

Not sure I even understand the underlying code logic that is sending users (with or without the correct password) to Facebook's website. I understand if this kind of 3rd party connectivity is something that users might want to opt-in for later, but doing it automatically up front makes for login weirdness like this.

Message 22 of 27
Square

I asked for clarification on the site name because sometimes users will create an additional account before they are able to log into the account they wish to access. Smiley Happy Now that I have some time to investigate this further, I think I see the issue you were running into. You mentioned editors previously, and when I search the system with your email address (not the login id associated with your community profile) I see that there was an account deleted that had your email listed on file as well as an email that begins with info@ as the username. This account was connected to a Facebook profile with the same info@ email address, so the token is still linked to your email. If you deactivate an account, your settings still remain (so that you can recover the information and content. 

I'm not quite sure how you were able to setup two accounts under the same email, though. When you first signed up for the account you are currently logged into, did you run into any errors? This account signed up on 10/15 and the old account was deleted today. 

Message 22 of 27
Square

Also, sorry for the confusion. Yes, the above instructions were intended for the exact editor experience the Syndez was/is using. 

Message 22 of 27

Me too- a 3rd party website. + chucked me over to this as Their form of HELP. Crazy this is-

I have 2 sites both sell stuff-

took me years to build them up all with photos- my income stopped suddenly.

They only offer me same - some 3rd party site with irrelavent infor on it- I dont exist.thy say

devastated

what to do

I can still see the sites but cant login- right password Wrong- 

Says this site does no longer accept payments-

what right have they got to do this tto people who cant afford to buy fancy website to sell a few things

I tried to move sites it but  copied page comes up all messy with half HTML pictures on to op each other

trying to sort it ut on a G blog hard yakka too much mess.

So frustrating- I need the money badly for medical issues- now I am a lot older I couldnt cope to rebuild it all.

Trying to copy past bit by bit

this is a night mare

check one of my sites- imagine the work- I had to wait years  for the right time-to get some of the photos- 

www.bromeliadexoticsonlinestore.com

Deb brookreflections

Message 22 of 27
Square

Hi Deb. You are currently logged into the wrong account. Try logging out, and then log back in using the email that begins with deb@

Message 22 of 27

thanks for reply.

was it at bromeliadexotics I no longer have this domain. the ones I bought it off took it back and put it up for sale- awful as well. So I registered bromeliadexoticsonlinestore.com   instead.?

Wish could do something other than copy paste it all- imagine woww after 10 years building it up.

I am jinxed

please help if you can.

Message 22 of 27
Square

Oh, no! That's awful when that happens and I'm sorry to hear. Smiley Sad If you do not remember the correct username and password you will be prompted to login through Facebook since the account is linked. The account that is linked uses an email that begins with sleepingwaters@

Does that sound familiar? 

Message 22 of 27

Sure, but you have to log in first to do this and you can't log in if you don't have a facebook account

Message 22 of 27
Square

What is the address of a site in the account you want to log into, @mckang

Message 22 of 27