x

Site stats

Weebly changed its stats to mirror googles, does that mean the previous stats weebly used for x amount of years has been a lie? I also heard the new stats dont register private browsing and VPN, not good.

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

That's what I want an answer to. New stats are SERIOUSLY wrong. I went from 2300 unique visitors this morning to 284 this afternoon. It also says I had no visitors today and no page views which I know isn't accurate because I sent out a newsletter a few hours ago and already have 30 clicks to my website from that newsletter. I also had people comment on blog posts (independent of the newsletter).

I'm not happy.

Message 66 of 67

The new new Stats are a TOTAL SHAMBLES!

It's a good job I've got both Google Analytics and Statcounter running on my websites since they were set up or I could get seriously worried!

My stats are rock steady normal in both Statcounter and Google Analytics

- and yet Weebly Insight recorded my visits and pageviews yesterday (26 August) as zero!

If you want to offer statistics at least get them right!  I always knew they were less than accurate and reliable because of their variance with the stats packages I've used for decades - but to start indicating zero is beyond a joke.

How to destroy your reputation in one fell swoop - and I mean FELL!!!

Tags (1)
Message 66 of 67
Square

Which site did you see that with, @KarysaFaire? I can ask our engineers to verify that it's tracking properly.

Message 66 of 67

Message 66 of 67

What are the difference in stats I see in the "overview" page where it shows Sales $, Visits, Orders
and the "Insights" page? The visits are completely different.

The "overview" page shows 493 visits yesterday (539 today so far) and the "insights" page shows 4 unique visits yesterday.... whats the difference and why?

www.rogueut.com
Message 66 of 67
Square

By overview you're talking about the card on your dashboard, right?

Message 66 of 67

I agree, there must be something seriously wrong with this new algorythm. I went from 900+ unique views this week down to just 44. Oh and my pages visited went down from 4000+ to 57, that's barely over 1% of the original pageviews.

Message 66 of 67
Square

Is that with the site using your custom domain, @IzaS?

Message 66 of 67

Yes, it definitely is that one @Adam

Message 66 of 67
Square

Great question, @romi14. Those stats were accurate in that they were counted correctly, however they were including traffic that isn't very useful from an analytics perspective. The newer stats are more accurate in terms of tracking human visitors instead of just every single thing that hits your site.

Message 66 of 67

here here!

i rely on GA    and there when i index each page i get 2 hits from UN SET location..   and i used to get spam hits... which made up of 90% of my hits   i know they were spam....  theres 200 posts on the google forum...   no one bothers to take these assholes down....   

so  its good that Weebly wants to show human traffic and not bots  

@Adam 

Tags (1)
Message 66 of 67

My stats dropped also. Compared to Google analytics, it use to be lower than Weebly, but now it has a higher number than Weebly?  I like to know that it is humans too.

Liz

Message 66 of 67
Square

I don't know the exact specifics of how it works now vs Google Analytics, though that's interesting that GA has it higher since we're using similar methodology, We have access to data that GA would not, though, so we might be able to filter out some hits that Google can't. I don't really know if that's the case, though.

Message 66 of 67

Hi, I wish Weebly made these recent stat changes years ago, I would have done things very differently business wise. It’s a bit daunting to realise your loyal visitors and potential customers were in fact imaginary/bots.

Dam, I’m going to miss those bots.
Message 66 of 67

I'm having the same issue! And that can't be correct about "human" visitors. I posted a blog yesterday and I know with 100% certainty that I've had several readers click and read it, comment and message me about it, yet Weebly is showing ZERO views. ZERO. Is something up with the tracking?? 

Message 66 of 67

I'm having the same issue! And that can't be correct about "human" visitors. I posted a blog yesterday and I know with 100% certainty that I've had several readers click and read it, comment and message me about it, yet Weebly is showing ZERO views. ZERO. Is something up with the tracking?? 

Tags (1)
Message 66 of 67
Square

I'm seeing a page view and unique visitor for both sites in your account for Oct 9th, @juliec96. Is there a different site you are looking at than those in your account?

Message 66 of 67

Well, I find this very odd too... I have two pages which I use a lot; one of them is my teaching page, mrsbilling.weebly.com . Yesterday (2020-04-16) was my busiyest teaching day; four classes, 90 something students. I am walking around in my classroom and I can SEE my webpage open on my students' browsers. They are doing what they are supposed to be doing. When I come home I check the statistics: zero. Zero unique visitors today. Uh... except 70+ students...? (the eight-year-class didn't need to visit my page during class yesterday) And my students are for sure "real people" visiting and using my page. But nope, weebly doesn't count them, suddenly...

Same thing with my other "actually in use" - webpage ifiskarensfotspar. Just last week weebly told me I had somewhere inbetween 80 - 100 unique visitors the day I post (Fridays) but now suddenly, we are talking about one or two "unique visitors" when the normal traffic used to show between 60 + unique hits even during days when I don't post. Very odd indeed. 

Message 66 of 67

@Päivi  i dont get the stats either

Even GA stats are crap!!!

I know people read my posts    mostly time spent on each page is a big 0.00.00    this cannot be.

Many friends clicks dt show up at all. I post on Twitter   . Twitter tells me 10 people hit the url yet GA shows 2 SOCIAL referals..

I reckon GA shows about half of the real number

Message 66 of 67

My stats are now a fraction of what they have been over the years. I'm also wondering what happened.

Message 66 of 67