x

Smoke Shop on Square?

Hi Team!

Just started working for a smoke shop and I’d love to get them started on Square!! I want to make sure it’s kosher with the prohibited items though? We’re just in-person sales, tobacco but also CBD/delta 8 and glassware too.

Also, even if all our items can’t be processed by Square, could we still use the Square inventory system to keep track of them all? 🙂

Thank you!! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Tagging in @AdamB @isabelle & @Ryan_M for backup on this one as I'm not sure who's most likely to be able to help!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Phoenix-Rahmani  and welcome to the Seller Community 

If you haven't done so yet, I recommend visiting our CBD Frequently Asked Questions page. This will provide the information you need to start processing transactions related to CBD on Square. One important piece of information I can mention right away is that among other items, Paraphernalia cannot be sold, displayed on your website or social media, and cannot be part of your inventory in Square. 

If after reading the support page I shared above you would like to apply for our program you can apply here

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5

JJ, what exactly is Square's definition of paraphernalia? If I wanted to sell glass pipes on Square, and although the intended use is for tobacco, some purchasers use them for marijuana. Is that pipe now considered paraphernalia? Same question for hooka pipes.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

These will definitely fall under Paraphernalia @JenLizotte. While I understand your intensions, these items can be used for other purposes that fall under our Prohibited Goods and Services

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5