x

Can I add a cash transaction at a later date?

I want to add a cash transaction at a later date for reporting purposes only.  Is this possible?

Message 1 of 45
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Not at this time, @Basketcrazy. There isn't a way to add or edit past transactions, but I know that would be useful. I'll share the feedback with our product team and update this thread if that changes in the future!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 45
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @AERM1 - Currently, there are no plans to implement this feature. You can read more on why at Can I backdate or edit a transaction?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 34 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Not sure exactly what you mean chaos would reign, I mean I understand backdating could potentially be an issue as it is changing previously financial data but that happens all the time in accounting and it is to fix a problem so needs to be available to business owners to make this adjustment. Perhaps making it limited, such as using only administrative codes obviously but maybe only allow to go back 1 week and only allow for cash transactions of course. Our team had been doing better making sure all the ash transactions are added correctly on the same day as it ocurs but still we have missed entries for cash as we use a separate receipting system so a square receipt isn't necessary. Please make this change available, however you want to safeguard it, just make it available and let us deal with the "chaos"

Message 22 of 45
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Community

I understand the frustration here, but there's nothing new to share around this specific feature at this time. 

We don’t have plans to offer this feature right now, but that can change as we’re always collecting feedback and passing it along to our Product Team. 

Seller advocacy is one of the top drivers for product updates, your feedback definitely has an impact on which features get prioritized. 

If anything changes, we'll chime back in with an update. 

Message 23 of 45

You are beginning to sound like a broken record.  You've got this many inquiries, yet everything remains status quo.  Disappointing.

Message 24 of 45

Has this been added yet? I also could desperately use this feature. it can't be that hard to implement.

Message 25 of 45

Add me to the list of people who need this feature. We need to be able to postdate cash/check payments. 

Message 26 of 45

Thanks for adding your vote, @crookedhalofoto

Message 27 of 45

Of course! Seems like an obvious feature to make our accounting lives a lot easier. 

Message 28 of 45

ME TOO! When it gets busy at market i am happy to keep a handwritten list of cash sales, I dont always get to entering it the same day. 

Message 29 of 45

Thanks for letting us know that this is something you're interested in, @Lamb_Lady. We'll continue to highlight this with our team. 

Message 30 of 45

Is there any way to input transactions at a later date and backdate them? I use square to take credit cards in the field but now I want to record transactions taken with cash or check and back date them so my monthly sales figures are accurate. I can't figure out how to do this, thanks!

Message 31 of 45
Super Seller Alumni

This is not possible.  Square is a point of sale system so your sales are recorded at the time of sale and you can't adjust history.  

Message 32 of 45

Hello. This topic still have the same status ? Can you implement the option only for administrators ?. Square its not only a POS system, it has a lot of usefull reports, but if we can't put past sales in the system, the reports are not real. Thank you.

Message 33 of 45
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @AERM1 - Currently, there are no plans to implement this feature. You can read more on why at Can I backdate or edit a transaction?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 34 of 45

This is bunk.

Seller after seller is telling you that we NEED this capability and why.

Square keeps saying "no".

This is a deal breaker for me, and I'll take my business to another service.

Square's refusal to implement this change messes up our accounting reports.

Message 35 of 45

I do this trick with my iPad: 

1. turn off Wi-Fi
  2. change the date to yesterday
  3. input the missing sales
  4. set date to today again
  5. turn on the Wi-Fi again

The POS will update the yesterday info just fine.

Message 36 of 45

This worked for me!!!  I was able to enter the transactions under a past date and the when I went back online... it showed those transactions as part of my daily total.

YAY!

Message 37 of 45

The person that was using the Square system did not log all cash transactions so I am trying to add in the sales on the date they occurred last month so all of our data is accurate. How can I do that?

Message 38 of 45

Hi @WickedForest

I moved your post to a board with similar inquiries about backdating transactions. 

Check out the Best Answer post by Puka in repsonse to @AERM1 for information on backdating!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 39 of 45
Beta Member

A few cash sales from different dates were not entered.  Is there a way to add the sale using the correct date of sale?

Message 40 of 45

Hey @MTBDiscounts!

It looks like this same question has been asked before in the Community so I moved your post to an existing thread to see the answer.

It looks like this is not a possibility at this time. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 41 of 45

Yes, please Square. This really needs to be an option. When I am handling several transactions, there have been several times I don't log everything in the moment and need to go back and add cash/check transactions. Please add this option. I may have to otherwise switch. 

Message 42 of 45