x
Beta Member

Connecting hardware without using a Square stand

We are looking to use the terminal as a customer-facing display connected to a 12" Ipad Pro. Since there is not a compatible stand how do you connect printers and cash drawers to the iPad? Would any USB hub work? Could I adapt the usb-c to lightning and hide the old square stand under the counter and use the square hub?  Or am I stuck buying the Square Register?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

before we used Square stands we used an ethernet printer and the cash drawer was attached to the printer, nothing was direct to the iPad except power.  The ethernet printers were directly connected to the wifi network hub that the iPads were connected to.  The iPad could see the printers over the network.  Unfortunately, If you have USB printers and cash drawers I don't know if a lightning to USB hub would work or not.

Message 2 of 4

I've been interested in going this same route... did you ever try this and get everything to work?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Intermission & @ badgervapes,

Thanks for reaching out! Happy to help. 

If you wanting to connect the cash drawer, and printers to just an ipad on its own, you can certainly try what VanKalkerFarms farms suggested above. 

Or you can connect bluetooth accessories to the ipad on its own. Checkout the hardware compatibility page here, https://squ.re/3Nj4QER .

Let us know if anything else we can help with. 

Message 4 of 4