x

Does Square offer in-house financing for my customers to purchase my inventory?

I sell ATV's, Snowmobiles and Small Engines and have customers asking all the time if I finance? Does Square offer this as an option for my customers or do I need to out source it? Thanks

Message 1 of 25
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Square does have a new program called Square Installments.

With Square Installments, eligible customers increase their purchasing ability and can buy more from your business. You get paid in full, like usual, and your customers make fixed monthly payments to Square Capital.

At this time, Square Installments is only available to select Square Sellers located in  Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington. Although, our program is constantly growing! We’ll be sure to keep you informed if we expand to additional states.

Keep in mind that due to program restrictions not every Square merchant will have access to enable installments for their business. Visit the Support Center for Square Installments FAQs!

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 25
Admin

Best Answer

[Updated by Moderator on October 16th, 2020]

While we previously offered a Square Installments feature, in March we let you know about the difficult decision we made with our lending partner Celtic Bank, to temporarily pause Square Installments until further notice.

We will not reactivate Square Installments for our sellers and their buyers in the near term. We are however continuing to monitor economic conditions and will update our sellers on any new developments.

Responsible lending is something we take very seriously. With the current economic conditions, eligibility would need to be tightened considerably. Ultimately, that would exclude many buyers from qualifying, and we don’t want to frustrate our sellers or their customers with that limited experience.

It’s our hope that discontinuing Installments will allow us to take the resources that we invested in Square Installments and focus them instead on new upcoming services. For more information, please take a look here

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 25 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Hi Chad. My invoice DO hve the option to pay in installments, but I prefer not to have that option. Is there a way to remove it?

Message 22 of 25
Admin

Hi @AHoffNYC, thanks for getting in touch. I wanted to jump in and let you know that a member of our Capital Team will reach out directly. Keep an eye on the email inbox associated with your Square account for updates.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 23 of 25

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “How do I remove the monthly payment option on an invoice?” The original author has been notified via email.

I just sent out an invoice for $750 and when I viewed the invoice online after it was sent I saw it gave the client the option of paying in full or paying in monthly payments. I don't want there to be an option of monthly payments it should be paid in full. I can't see where I can make this change. Can anyone please help?

Message 24 of 25
Admin

Best Answer

[Updated by Moderator on October 16th, 2020]

While we previously offered a Square Installments feature, in March we let you know about the difficult decision we made with our lending partner Celtic Bank, to temporarily pause Square Installments until further notice.

We will not reactivate Square Installments for our sellers and their buyers in the near term. We are however continuing to monitor economic conditions and will update our sellers on any new developments.

Responsible lending is something we take very seriously. With the current economic conditions, eligibility would need to be tightened considerably. Ultimately, that would exclude many buyers from qualifying, and we don’t want to frustrate our sellers or their customers with that limited experience.

It’s our hope that discontinuing Installments will allow us to take the resources that we invested in Square Installments and focus them instead on new upcoming services. For more information, please take a look here

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 25 of 25