x

Fresh KDS alternatives

Does anyone know if any Fresh KDS alternvatives for iOS? I want all orders that come in to be displayed on another iPad. 

Fresh KDS is exactly what I'm looking for but it does not have an app for iOS. 

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 50
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Drumroll, please...🥁

Dropping in to announce that Square now offers a Kitchen Display System! We included lots of great information about our new KDS in our Product Update post, but be sure to check out our Support Center article before getting started to ensure a smooth transition from your current setup.

We are so excited about this, and hope you are too - feel free to hop over to our Product Update post to leave your questions or feedback about the brand new Square KDS.

If you need more one-on-one help, log into your Square account and head here to speak directly with our team.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 46 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Square

Hi @JHC130 Unfortunately, we do not have an integration with another third party service for a kitchen ticket display, our two options for kitchen tickets are Fresh KDS or using a kitchen ticket printer to print orders to your kitchen. 

Absolutely see how the ability to use an iPad would be more convenient! I'll definitely share your request out with our Product Liaison team. 

Message 2 of 50

Not that I have seen. There are some real drawbacks to FreshKDS but it works on a basic level. As long as you don't have greater than 10 orders at a time it's great. If you're like us and have 40 at times, it's such a challenge because you cannot see beyond 10 orders despite me asking for the change over the last 18 months continually.

Message 3 of 50

I've also repeatedly asked them to add at least another screen. As a former coder, it can't be all that difficult to do. It seems the code is already there, just needs to be replicated. 

Message 4 of 50

Anyone want to buy the program with me?

Message 5 of 50
Partner

Hi!  With the new version of Fresh KDS (released June 2018) you can add up to 10 screens, and there are several viewing options to make the KDS fit into your existing operations.

We have a dedicated team of developers continuously adding new features, and we also have a feature request form on the Fresh KDS Website.

Check it out.  And please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any additional comments or questions.

Best,

Andrew & The Fresh KDS Team

Message 6 of 50

I would also be interested in this.  In our case, FreshKDS disconnects at random and we don't realize some tickets were dropped until we've got angry customers.  Have tried just about everything to resolve.  I wish there was a way to hardwire a tablet or TV screen instead of relying on wifi.  

Message 7 of 50
Beta Member

I've been begging for this for years. FreshKDS does absolutely no development in the past 2-3 years that I've had them. And now the new Square Register that just came out isnt even compatible with FreshKDS. Which makes Square one of the only POS companies that doesnt support a kitchen display. 

Message 8 of 50

When did it stop being compatible? I've been using it daily with iPad register and Android kitchen display. I did update to the most recent IOS but my square app is updated and current. 

Message 9 of 50
Beta Member

The new square register that runs on android. 

Message 10 of 50
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Theharrisburger 

Since the new Square Register runs on Android, it won't be compatible with Fresh KDS.

Fresh KDS only works with payments taken on iPad iOS, so @Jace91 is correct here. 

Hopefully we can get something rolled out to help with this soon.

Message 11 of 50

Makes sense, I've been using the iPad with Android as my display. I wish there were more options available than kds. They don't care much about the system or customers it seems. 

Message 12 of 50
Beta Member

At the  price point of the new register it really should not have been released without a working KDS in my opinion. And in speaking with FreshKDS they’ve been saying support for register running on android has been “on the road map with no eta” for a couple years now. 

Message 13 of 50
Square Community Moderator

That's definitely feedback that I'll take back to our Register team @Jace91

I'll chime back in if anything new comes about. 

Message 14 of 50

This was almost a deal breaker for us also... Fresh KDS Support flat out told me that they will not be developing compatibility with Square for Android, ever. 

Ended up buying a ticket printer instead, which works, but adds unnecessary service time to our setup.

Message 15 of 50
Developer

So I have just started using Square for a client of mine. I am going to be building a kitchen display soloution myself. At the moment this will be primarily designed for the takeaway restaurant. However I have every intention of making it as generic/customiseable as pobbile.

Happy to post moppre information here once this would be available.

Does anyone have any specific requirements/features they'd want from a kitchen display system?

Message 16 of 50

I like fresh kds, but the maximum number of 10 tickets is way too small. 20 would be nice!

Message 17 of 50
Developer

Awesome thanks for the info. I’ll add that to the list of features. 

Message 18 of 50

Yes! So glad to hear you will be making a KDS program. Would you like to combine forces? I have 17 years of web development experience and would love to collaborate. The list of ideas I’ve jotted down is tremendous and I use this program every!

Message 19 of 50
Developer

Hi could do. I’ve not thought too much about the entire system yet. Just know that I want/need to build s decent kitchen display system. 

If if you have ideas I’d love to keep in touch. 

Message 20 of 50

That would be great!  We currently have a 22" kitchen display in one of our restaurants that I would like to switch to Square, but the Fresh KDS recommendation for a 10" tablet is not practical, and certainly not the limit of 10 orders.  Larger Android tablets exist....I frankly thought that was the only reason Fresh KDS runs on Android and not iOS.

Message 21 of 50