x

How do I manage inventory on the square?

How do I manage inventory on the square?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 35
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Good news! We have a basic inventory management solution for your business. It can track item counts and alert you in your Dashboard when you have low-stock or sold out items.

As an introduction, you can check out this article on inventory management from our Support Center. 

It is also worth mentioning that if you need a more robust solution, you could consider one our third party options in the Square Marketplace.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Alumni

Best Answer

Good news! We have a basic inventory management solution for your business. It can track item counts and alert you in your Dashboard when you have low-stock or sold out items.

As an introduction, you can check out this article on inventory management from our Support Center. 

It is also worth mentioning that if you need a more robust solution, you could consider one our third party options in the Square Marketplace.

Message 2 of 35

Hi George! I was thrilled to learn I could track basic inventory in Square. Before my last sale, I added the numbers for each size and item that I had. I've sent out 35 itemized invoices (all paid) and my inventory counts are exactly the same as they were a few days ago. Do I need to do something else to ensure the numbers are accurate. Hope you can help!

Message 3 of 35
Square

@Destiny Right now, inventory is only tracked for in person register sales and Online Store. To keep your inventory accurate for your Invoices you will need to manually your inventory levels on your Dashboard

Update: Inventory is now tracked when an Invoice has been paid🎉

Message 4 of 35

So it's been a year since this comment about invoices not being included in inventory counts.  This still seems to be the case???  I just noticed it when I went to sell something that I no longer have any of. Incredibly frustrating!!!  I feel like these are things Square should be focusing on, along with updating inventory counts in the mobile app.

Message 5 of 35

how do i set up inventorycontrol

Message 6 of 35

I am not seeing the Inventory option on my Square Dashboard.  I go to the item in the item list and click on it, when the item information view opens I do not see the track inventory checkbox every one is talking about.  Where is this checkbox?  Do I need an integration piece?

Message 7 of 35
Square

@rosieposh1 - You have to make sure and navigate to a location-specific dashboard first. Here is a screenshot of how to do that once you click an item: 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 8 of 35

Thank you Sean. 

Message 9 of 35
Square

@rosieposh1 - You bet ya! I'm here to help. 🙃

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 10 of 35

I am seeing this but I am wanting to manage inventory (adjust quantities) on the actual app, not the computer/back end.  Is this possible?

Message 11 of 35
Square Community Moderator

@formulafresh At the moment, managing inventory from the Square app isn’t available, but it's most definitely on our Product Teams radar. It's a popular feature request and would definitely make things easier on Sellers. 

We'll be sure to update everyone if this becomes an available feature. 

Message 12 of 35

I added my inventory to my item list today and all was well. Then, I went to my customer page to do some work. When I went back to my items page, all of the inventory totals had changed to zeros. Did I do something wrong or is this a glitch?

Message 13 of 35
Square Community Moderator

@fleurdelippies

That sounds a bit strange and shouldn't behave this way. Has this happened before? Are you able to get this to happen again?

Message 14 of 35

Hey @EJ_ - your reply about not being able to add inventory via the app is dated over six months ago. I run my whole business on the road from my smartphone, and really, the inability to add inventory via the app is really frustrating? Any updates news on this? Thanks! 

Message 15 of 35

Hello @MSotherden, currently this is still a feature request we're looking into. If anything changes @EJ_ and I will make sure to update the thread! 

Message 16 of 35

Chad - appreciate your reply. However, as someone who doesn't travel with a laptop? It would be *super* game-changing to be able to do this from my smartphone. Right now you can't really use the square desktop on mobile. It's super wonky and windows within the screens don't open right. 

Message 17 of 35

I don't see an inventory option in the items detail at all. Please help. 

Message 18 of 35
Admin

Hey @ambhoya2, sorry to hear about the trouble. Were you able to select a location from the item details? After you choose the location, then the option to start tracking inventory should show up. More information on this is available in this article: Enable Inventory Management. Hope this helps — let us know if you're still encountering any trouble with this.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 19 of 35

Doesn't square for restaurants have a complete inventory system with it?

Message 20 of 35
Alumni

Hi there @Bagelsandbrews! 🥯️ 

You can learn all about inventory management when using Square for Restaurants by heading here.

Please let us know if other questions come up, and welcome to the Seller Community 🙌

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 35