x
Beta Member

How do you set up the quantity for each modifier?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Modifier quantity”

Anyone know how to set up the quanity amount for each modifier in the app? 

Example:

item: coffee

modifier: sugar, cream, splenda

how to enter 2 sugar and 3 cream? 

I have seen someone suggest setting up a modifier called “sugar quanity” and have the choice to be “1,2,3, etc.” but that would require extra time to enter the order and it will cluster up both the order input page and the kitchen ticket. 

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

That would be the only way, you can't enter Quantity into a modifier. you will have to set it up as an option

Sugar 1, Sugar 2, Sugar 3, Cream 1, etc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

That would be the only way, you can't enter Quantity into a modifier. you will have to set it up as an option

Sugar 1, Sugar 2, Sugar 3, Cream 1, etc.

Message 2 of 10

Has there been any progress in enabling a quantity for modifiers? This would be extremely helpful for us.

Message 3 of 10
Square Community Moderator

There are no updates on this at this time @tomfohr

However, I will reach out to the product team in charge to see if they have any news regarding tracking modifier's stock.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

I hope Square have options to add quanity for modifier because this option will help increase our sell, many our customers required to have add quantity for our modifier. Please help to solve this problem. Thank you

Message 5 of 10
Super Seller

I’d like to see a quantity feature at the Modifier level as well. This would be extremely helpful for customers not only on our Online Ordering site but our upcoming Catering Ordering site more so. 

BC605AB7-4E04-4095-8427-4F80BBBBA0FC.jpeg

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

We lost a lot of profit because of Square doesn't have add quanity to modifier, I really don't understand why they didn't make it☹️

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @Mamassmoothies. And I am personally sorry for you losing for the lack of this feature. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Bump. I can't believe after more than 4 years, and we still don't see anything done regarding this. Very disappointed. 

Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

I guess this is my yearly check in on this thread and getting disappointed again. Sad!

Message 10 of 10