x

How to Apply Commission to Specific Employee - Service Purchased Online

Perhaps you guys can help crack this nut for us.

GOAL

We want to track commissions for our tattoo artists.

• The customer must pay a deposit online. We use a Square Online payment button/link on our web site for this.
  • After the tattoo is completed in our studio, the tattoo artist uses their POS code to log in and collect the remaining tattoo fee.

ISSUE WE ARE HAVING

• The Square Online payment link isn't attributed to the specific artist and therefore, the commission is not being paid in Payroll. (POS transaction is working great for the commission). We have to manually calculate their comission based on past transactions and create a manual payment. It's not efficient.

SOLUTIONS?

We were hoping we could either manually edit the transaction to tie it to the specific artist or configure the online payment link to tie to the artist, however, neither seem to be an option. 

Any help is HUGE! 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @lostedge 👋 Welcome to the Community! 😊

I'm not sure if this would be possible unless the customer knows which artist will do the work. My initial thought is to create a modifier for each artist, but again, I'm not sure if this would work for the business. Honestly, I'm not sure if doing this would reflect in Payroll as well. 

Hm.. how are you manually tracking this right now? 

Message 2 of 3

I would also like an answer to this as we run a tattoo shop as well and need to attribute the Deposit to the artist. 
we take deposits in person via PPS and online through the booking link and also through an item we made called deposit that we also have a link for. It just says untracked team member for the online ones. 

Message 3 of 3