x

How to use inventory to track sales at multiple locations

Our scouting group uses square for our anual popcorn sales. I enter the inventory online with square....but how do I set up multiple sale locations, be able to see what was sold at each location, and have a inventory assigned to each location??

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

be sure this is exactly what you need.  Are these locations a one time event for say a week or even weekend each year?

I ask only because I do art festivals and each year I tend to do the same show, but its only for 2 days on a particular weekend.

I wanted an easy way to compare one years sales for a certain art show to another year.  I asked Square help desk and was given the idea of adding sales locations.  But, I would have to manage inventory for each of those and be sure to change locations each weekend I do another show or when making sales, those products sold won't come out of the correct inventory.

Since I do 10-15 separate art shows each year, it would be too confusing to monitor inventory.

Instead, I created a modifier called Art Festivals. Under it I created each name of the art festivals I do.  So every time I make a sale, I check marked the modifier for the art festival I was selling at for each transaction.

Only problem is, I can't run a report in Square by that art festival to come up with total sales. But, I can export it into Excel and a column will have that festival name I can sort and total 🙂

Plus, the receipt also shows the art festival the purchase was made, making it easy for the customer to remember where they made the purchase rather than just the date and who they purchased

Message 3 of 3