x

Is my printer supported or compatible with Square Point of Sale?

I want to print from square to an Epson  printer, but square only recognizes Bluetooth printers. I have already added this printer for other apps...what is the problem? 

Message 1 of 41
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

We dropped in to this thread with an update about Epson printer compatibility in 2017, and announced Epson printer compatibility with Android devices - including the Square Terminal and Register - back in April 2020, but I wanted to stop by again for anyone who stumbles upon this thread to ensure you have the latest and most up-to-date information when buying a printer!

We recently updated our general hardware compatibility page, and you'll find receipt printer compatibility on it's own page now 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 41 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Admin

Hi everyone! I'm back with an update, we've just added supports for three EPSON printers! 🎉 Head to this post for list of supported EPSON printers

Please note, these printers can only be used with iOS devices at this time. I don't have a timeline for when they'll be supported with Android devices yet. But I'll report back when I have an update! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 22 of 41

Hi, is square up support epson tm-m30?The app shows printer connected, but every time I press test print the app will crash.

Message 23 of 41
Admin

Hi @danyclku. The Epson TM-m30 is not supported with Square at this time. I'll let the product team know you'd like to use it! 

The Epson printers listed in this post are supported with iOS devices. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 24 of 41

I would like to use it on an Epson TM-T88IV

Message 25 of 41

Hey @lawreenceevt3! Is your printer a USB printer or a Bluetooth model? 

Message 26 of 41

Hi Helen,

Any progress or response from the product team regarding the compatibility of the Epson TM-M30 printer? It's a popular printer and I'm sure prospective clients would be happy to see it appear on the device compatibility document.

Thanks, Mark

Message 27 of 41
Admin

@MarkRMR Thanks for checking in but I don't have an update to share at this time! We'll continue to advocate for support for this printer with the Hardware team, thank you for your patience in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 28 of 41

I have a EPSON TM-m30 too and would like to use with our Square POS.

Message 29 of 41

Is there anyway the epson tm-t88ii can be added for compatibility?

Message 30 of 41
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jcurry336! We can definitely take the feedback for adding this product to our compatibility list, but I don't have a timeline for when this will be released. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 31 of 41

Pls add printer model ZJ-5802DD to your supported printers

Message 32 of 41

On IOS and Android

Message 33 of 41

My epson TM-U220 is not recognized by my iPad,the epson TM-U220 is listed as compatible. Square app doesn't recognize it at all. 

Message 34 of 41
Beta Member

I just bought a newer network card version on amazon and mine works perfectly now.

DEVMO Compatible with Epson... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VX14B5B?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Message 35 of 41

The Epson TM-T20II is listed as compatible, would that mean the T20 series is compatible, such as the Epson T20 m249a?

Message 36 of 41
Admin

@Executive_AZ You may have to test out the connection to see if that specific model is compatible. We're not able to confirm for sure if each model out there is compatible, so if you have it on hand, could you give it a try and let this thread know? Thanks!- and sorry that I don't have more of a direct answer for you.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 37 of 41

I have both a TM-88III and a TM-88IV with USB and both show unsupported device when I plug them in, are these going to be supported for Square Registers? I have made sure their USB ports are initialized. It would be great if these could get supported, they're very popular and common.

Message 38 of 41
Square Community Moderator

@panachely Looks like you posted the same question this existing thread:

Support for new receipt printers! 🖨 🎉

If we get any new information around support for these printers we'll be sure to update everyone. 

Message 39 of 41
Admin

We're currently recruiting Sellers to test Epson Printers on Android products including Square terminal and Square Register. 

If you'd like to be included in this beta please let us know by posting to this thread.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 40 of 41
Alumni

Best Answer

We dropped in to this thread with an update about Epson printer compatibility in 2017, and announced Epson printer compatibility with Android devices - including the Square Terminal and Register - back in April 2020, but I wanted to stop by again for anyone who stumbles upon this thread to ensure you have the latest and most up-to-date information when buying a printer!

We recently updated our general hardware compatibility page, and you'll find receipt printer compatibility on it's own page now 

Valentina
Message 41 of 41