x

Scheduling and user registration on wordpress

Hello, let me start of by saying that I am 100% not wanting to be a developer :P. I really hate website set-ups etc but I would like to think that I have enough wits about myself to be able to achieve what I am envisioning for my small business. 🙂 

I am trying to create a scenario where I have my customer either create a paid account or log in to their account to book an appointment. 

I am operating a subscription model - where my customers pay $150/yr subscription and that allows customer to book my services for a reduce rate ($50)/hr. 

From a "customer portal" type page, I would like my customers to either sign up or log in and that takes them to the calendar page. They are not required to pay for hours scheduled (I have no problem invoicing monthly - manually for right now). 

I currently accept payments via square and I have purchased a plan with Acuity Scheduling, but their model requires that you book an appointment FIRST and then log in/sign up. That will not work for what I am trying to do. 

My questions are:

1) Is Square and Acuity the same thing, or are they competing entities 

2) If they are not the same thing, can Square do what I would like to achieve?

3) Do I need to buy a plan with woo commerce in ADDITION to everything else?

Thanks in advance for any guidance 🙂

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @MariaBenton! Super excited to have you join our Seller Community. 😁

Our system isn't able to accommodate the checkout flow that you're looking to do, unfortunately. It would be considered a feature request. Let me get to your questions, too.

1. Square and Acuity are different. I wouldn't say competing, though, because Acuity can be integrated with Square.
  2. Like I mentioned, that type of scheduling is a feature request. So I'll pass the feedback along to our Product Team. @PreOrder_Apps - Do you happen to have anything to help with this type of setup?
  3. If you're set on using WooCommerce, you would need to purchase that platform in addition to using Square.

Let me know if you need any additional info!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Sorry @nika - we were working on a massive global, new product launch and missed that one! We do in fact have some tech just like what she mentioned, so you were 100% correct to ask!

- Ken

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Hi! So sorry, we missed this. We're an official Square Partner and we have a lot of custom booking technology. We mostly make mobile apps powered by Square, but could make this as a 1-page website booking page too. A few of our clients have us working on super similar features right now. ie. member based accounts being able to book appointments, etc. without paying because they're already assumed to be paid. 

Get in touch - private message us your email or phone and we can chat real quick to make sure of everything you need - to make sure we have it all and it flows the exact way you need. 

FYI - we pre-build high-end mobile app technology, then integrate it with Square, so we can create custom things for Square businesses fast and cheap.

- K

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 4 of 5

Hey there, my email is maria@mariabenton.com . Would you please send me a note that I can reply to with a couple more questions? 

Thanks!

Maria

Message 5 of 5