x

multiple upcs barcode scanner

Some of the items in our inventory have the same UPC, and so when scanning with a barcode scanner it automatically adds one to the transaction field. To try and combat this and allow accurate inventory tracking, I made different variations of the items that share the UPC. Is there a way to set up the barcode scanner so the variation selection pops up when it scans an item with variations rather than automatically adding one to the transaction? We are using the socket CHS scanner. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community!

There isn't a way to set up the scanner so you're prompted to select form variations. You can add multiple UPCs to the same item. That way your sales history will reflect the UPC scanned at the time of sale.

@RHatch If you have time to look at this post can you share any advice to share with @daaaaveths on their set inventory up? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 3

@daaaaveths Did you find a workaround for this?

I'm having the same issue.  I want one barcode (i.e. tag) to be scanned and then be presented with the variation selection for the item.  I don't want juggle 42 different tags, but I do want to track inventory by variation.

Message 3 of 3