x
Alumni

Early Access to the Android Appointments App!

Hey folks!

I’m very excited to announce that we are recruiting sellers for an early access program for Square Appointments on Android!

appts-android-01.png

As of right now, the Appointments functionality in the app is very limited. You’ll be able to view a calendar of your appointments and personal events one day at a time, view the details of individual appointments, and check out those appointments directly in the app. Anything you'd typically do in Square Point of Sale-- creating items, managing customers, sending invoices-- you’ll also be able to do from this app.

We’ll be regularly adding more functionality to the app as we move towards launching it to everyone, but I want to make sure you know that this is an early access version-- if it were end-to-end ready with all the features needed for anyone to use it, we’d just skip ahead to launching it to everyone!

Being part of the early access program means you'll be able to provide feedback, and the Appointments product team will listen closely to your input. We may reach out to talk directly about how things are going from time to time. Your thoughts and suggestions will help us shape the path we take from now to launch and beyond!

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread and we’ll reach out via email. We’re keeping our audience limited to start, so we may not be able to invite you to try it out immediately. But we’ll be sure to reach out to everyone and let you know when you should expect an invitation to join.

Thank you all for your help as we continue to work towards launching Appointments on Android. I personally can’t wait to see this thing go out to everyone-- I know there will be at least 12 pages worth of happy sellers when that happens 🙂

Cheers!

Devon M

Product Manager - Square Appointments

Message 1 of 413
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you to all who have shown interest in testing the Square Appointments app! Also, thank you to those who have reached out to the beta team to gain access! 

I have good news for everyone! The Square Appointments App is now in Open Beta! This means you can download app from the Google Play Store or by selecting this link on your Android device

You can create, manage and take payments for your appointments directly from the Square Appointments app. You can also view upcoming and past appointments as well as customer information.

We are finalizing things and tuning out a few tweaks, but plan to GA very soon! 

Please go ahead and download the app! Feel free to share feedback here or at betafeedback@squareup.com 

Thanks, 

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 408 of 413
412 REPLIES 412
Beta Member

Please add me. I am on Nexus 5x, Pixel, and Essential phone.

Message 253 of 413

I am intrested. 

Message 254 of 413

Has anyone been invited? Starting to think this is just a smoke screen.

Message 255 of 413

I think so. I have asked three times, and called over 4. They said the team would contact me (crickets). I now have 4 employees who have android phones, am almost over it.

Message 256 of 413
Alumni

Hey @jamiemartin1981 - you should have gotten an email with more info about how to activate the beta. If you haven't already, @Howard can help you out. There might be a slight delay since we've had a lot of interest 🙂

Message 257 of 413
Beta Member

@katieand & @Howard @@ @@ I hav not seen any email and I have all 90 + emails about this whole conversation feed. Who would the email be coming from square or Howard directly or what? been patiently wai

Message 258 of 413

Yes it seems like the only emails I get are other business owners wanting to use the app with no information on the Beta version. I have been putting off using another system because I want to keep things streamlined. However it has reached a point where it is going to start hindering my business' growth so if I can't use Square's app I'm going to have to go with someone else. 

Message 259 of 413
Beta Member

Highly interested!!

[Personal Information Redacted]

Message 260 of 413

Is there an app for android 

Message 261 of 413
Admin

@Browneeone I've moved your post to this thread to let you know that we are working on an Android version of the Appointments app! See thefirst page of this thread for more details! 🎉

If you'd like to be invited to the beta reply here to let us know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 262 of 413
Beta Member

I would like to be part of the beta also. I am a solo service provider, providing skin and nail services. I have an Ipad for scheduling and checking out my clients but I have an android phone. I would love to be able to use my phone for booking appoinmtents.

Message 263 of 413

I would like to be added to the beta testing for appointments!

Message 264 of 413
Beta Member

I would be very excited to be a part of the early access program.

-Kristi Purvis

The Teal Magnolia Salon

Message 265 of 413

Hello,

My name is Whitney, I am a mobile grooming business owner. I would very much like to be a part of early access. I am a single person operation at the moment because I sold my brick and mortar salon and am currently running 1 mobile grooming van. I do plan to expand to a small fleet, but that will be in the future. I have yet to use square appointments for the sole reason that it is not available on Android. I have always had an Android phone and I use my phone for about 90% of my business. I need to be able to access client information and appointment details while in the van all day. I will use this information to open maps and travel between appointments, check service details and notes, and for payment. Without an android platform I cannot use the service.

Thank you for your time.

Message 266 of 413

Could you please add me to the early access program?

Message 267 of 413

I would love to help get the appointments app for Android. 

Message 268 of 413

Can I get the beta app for the appointments for Android

Message 269 of 413

Yay!!! That's awesome!! I would live to be an early beta tester if still available 😄🙏 

Thank you for the invite!!!

Message 270 of 413

Interested! [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 271 of 413
Admin

Hey @bcowles! Thanks for your interest in this. Devon and the Beta team will reach out to you at the email address associated with your Square account — so there's no need to post your email address here in the Community! I went ahead and removed your email address from the post above. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 272 of 413

Has anyone actually been contacted?  I'm still waiting.

Message 273 of 413