x

Can you track sales by dining options?

In my restaurant, I've got two Dining Options - For Here and To Go. Is there a way to make a report showing my sales by Dining Options? This would help me figure out what percentage of my sales are staying in to dine or walking out with their food (and change my environmental impact fees). Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 15
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Track Sales By Dining Options

@ate-oh-ate - Welcome to the seller community, and kudos on your first post. 👏  

As for your question, you sure can! While this report may be a little tough to track down, as it doesn't appear under the Sales Summary Advanced Options filter, it is under the Items Advanced Options Filter. Check out the screenshot below for step by step instructions:

Screen_Shot_2016-12-07_at_3_44_00_PM.jpg

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Square

@ate-oh-ate - Welcome to the seller community, and kudos on your first post. 👏  

As for your question, you sure can! While this report may be a little tough to track down, as it doesn't appear under the Sales Summary Advanced Options filter, it is under the Items Advanced Options Filter. Check out the screenshot below for step by step instructions:

Screen_Shot_2016-12-07_at_3_44_00_PM.jpg

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 15

Any way to assign two dining opinions to a sale? I can assign one, but when I need to assign two, it won't let me. 

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 15
Admin

@MakSalonSpa If there are multiple items in a sale you can add a dining option for each item: the cart > tap on a specific item > choose a dining option > tap Save.

If there's only one item in the cart you can only assign one dining option to the sale. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 15

I've set up the square to choose "eat-in" or "to go" when taking orders and now I'm trying to find a report that'll show me the sales for each. Can that be done with square?

Message 5 of 15

I am following this thread as it could be useful for my operation as well.

Message 6 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @NTC and @Thegoodlife

Sorry we weren't able to respond to the original post, it must've slipped through the cracks. 

I've moved the original post over to this existing one, as it outlines how to pull up the reporting that reflects the Dining Options sales. 

Check out the Best Answer in this thread and let me know if you have any questions. 

Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

I'm not sure when this happened, but I've noticed it since the recent change in the dashboard layout that I can no longer create a custom report using dining option as a filter/display by. Luckily, I had already created a report with this option, but am now wanting to update this report a little. Was this intentionally removed or was there an error in the new layout?

Message 8 of 15

Hello @crystalimages

I'm not sure what section your specifically referring to, but you can still filter by dinning options for item and category sales.

Was there another report section you wanted to use this filter on? 

Message 9 of 15
Beta Member

Creating a custom report.

Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 7.28.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-30 at 7.29.04 PM.png

These are all the options I am seeing when creating a custom report.

Message 11 of 15

@crystalimages sorry for the confusion.

I know you're referring to the custom reports. I'm talking about the smaller data points you add to build your custom report. 

You can still filter/display by dinning options for item and category sales in a custom report. 

Message 12 of 15
Beta Member

Am I missing something? If you see in the images from my last message, dining option doesn't appear in display/filter by. Is that what you were referring to?

Message 13 of 15
Admin

Hello @crystalimages! It sounds like you're looking at the Sales Summary report. Can you try scrolling down to the Item Sales or Category Sales section of your custom report., and then click Filter By? You should see Dining Option there.

(If you don't have either of those sections you can add them, click Add Report > select Item Sales/Category Sales.)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

Yes! Now I see it. I didn't realize I had to click the add report button at the bottom inorder to select the item sales. It's been a long time since I created a custom report. Not sure if it has changed, or I just didn't remember. Thanks guy!

Message 15 of 15