x

I need to adjust my inventory but NOT in the catagories listed. Can I ADD a new catagory ?

Hello.   I need to adjust my inventory.   However, the catagories listed are NOT any of the scenarios !!  I needed to send a gift ......WHAT would be the best catagory to change the inventory.  It's NOT a Loss.....It's NOT a DAMAGE.....It's NOT a RETURN.....is it a simple RECOUNT ???  I realize on my professional statement I can give it a more detailed catagory for tax purposes.   Can Square ADD a catagory ?

Thanks

lois

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I have this same question.  I ended up giving a item for free with a large purchase and would now like to adjust my inventory, but none of the categories match my situation.

Message 2 of 5

Julie:. 

I've also done specials like "bakers dozen" (buy 12 get one free!!)

Its not a loss.  

When I go to get numbers for end of year tally.... This is going to be hard to distinguish what happened.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thanks for your posts, @CannedFresh and @JulieM1. I would use "Inventory Re-count" for each of your situations, since you didn't actually receive more stock or lose stock for some other reason. We are tracking a feature request about adding a custom inventory adjustment option - hopefully that's something we'll have in the future for more reporting options.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 5

Dear Adam

Thanks for the reply, however, there WAS an inventory LOSS.... But not from damage or an error in counting.  A donation is still a "loss" but not for the same reason.

Looking forward to being able to customize this feature.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5