x

Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

I'd like to offer a special for clients for booking online, but there is no option for them to enter in a discount code when booking their appointment. This would be an essential asset to business marketing, promotions and bookings. It's important to have pre-paid booking options, but if i want to offer a discount, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this

5 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

Yes, We do need that. 

Verified Answer

Discounts, Gift cards, and payment options for services

Talking with a rep yesterday I learned that the services (which I use for my healthcare practice linked to my online appointments via desktop), does not have the option for coupons, gift cards, or payment options like Afterpay.

I was trying so hard to figure it out because I could see the coupon I generated for "items" and on the square app (for manually entered appointments).

Please work on including these much needed features!! thank you. 

Case: 72437319

mahdiyahasiya

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: Can my customers use a discount code when booking?

WOW, finding this thread really opened my eyes on how LONG this feature has been requested and Square done nothing... more than 4 years... 

Not only discount coupons are essential for appointments but also there is no option for gift cards which are also sold by Square Online... but can't be used on Appointments? Doesn't make any sense right?

We sell skateboarding lessons, and a lot of people want to give them as gift cards for Christmas and Birthday, but they can't use the option to book online like everyone else, they need to call us and we have to block the slot with no payment, hoping they will show up to be able to charge the gift card or apply a discount in person when they arrive. 

I am tired of waiting for this to change... the recent new updates in Square have been so useless, at least for my business, and this essential feature still missing... I feel like the only solution is to look into moving to another software... 

Verified Answer

Re: I have standard prices for my services, how do I change the price to reflect a discount?

Hi @janiced 👋 

While it is possible to apply a discount to a service when charging a client in-person for a service using the Square Point of Sale app, it's currently not possible for your clients to use a discount or coupon code when booking an appointment using your Appointments booking site - this is being tracked as a feature request at this time.

Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to add coupon options for Appointments? We can't offer them with Appointments...

Currently there isn't a way for your customers to use coupons or promo codes for Appointments booked from your online Appointments booking site. We're tracking this feature request! 

In the meantime if you use Square Marketing to send customers coupons you can apply those coupons at checkout from Appointments app. (And you can create a discount and apply that at checkout when your client arrives for their appointment.)

230 Comments

I mean at this point they must be !! Shoutout to who ever above me suggested acuity instead. I just spent the last 2 hours switching everything over... I dont know if I want to cry from relief that I finally have solutions to all my issues or cry from frustration that I've been dealing with P.O.S. Square for this flippin long 😡 Discount codes available. Partial payments available. Someone can book a service, pay whatever deposit ($ OR %) you decide, have the option to pay in full if they chose to do so, they can also check out with paypal if they want. the best part - even after the apppointment is booked and paid for you, YOU CAN STILL ADD "ADD-ONS!" Without having to create a whole new appointment to charge them... nope it just adds right on and shows "balance due" THEN YOU CAN JUST CHARGE THE CARD, TAKE CASH, WHATEVER!!!! Did I mention I'm crying from relief??????? All this is so basic yet has been a NIGHTMARE for me the past year........ I'm just in awe. So so so so much simpler. Oh, and not to mention customizable booking links (unlike squares 270 character links that you couldnt even tweet if you wanted to)... and the embedded booking calendar that goes straight onto your website???? No more clicking 27 links to freaking book..... I'm gonna go back to crying now. Happy Holidays folks. Santa brought me Acuity this year.

How incredibly LAME to not have this feature for those of us who use Square checkout for services. Just pathetic.

Beta Member

I agree, @Dandiesbarbers1 we have same issue

Is there still no option to apply coupons to online booking for the customers?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @SNDJJ - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

At this time Square does not offer a feature that will allow this shopping cart function. I can definitely see the need for this feature and beneficial it could be for service providers and customers. I'll be happy to move this over to a feature request board so that our engineers have visibility of your suggestion. We appreciate you sharing your request. While there is no time frame for when it will be implemented, i'm happy to make sure our engineers have eyes on your request. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

It doesn't seem like this problem has been solved 5 years after the original post. That's disappointing. 

I attempted to set up discounts by customer groups, but realized this feature didn't transfer over to the appointments area of Square. Ideally, clients would be able to see their discount at the time they schedule, especially because I require them to place a card on file for services. It's also frustrating for me to track which client's receive which discount when I already have customer groups set to manage this information. I was really hoping using Square appointments would lesson my need to use Acuity and house everything in one space, but I'm afraid between the lack of discounts or discount codes along with the inability to send forms, may push me back to Acuity services. 

I need to be able to have my customers enter a code at checkout when doing an online booking appointment that gives them a discount. We have customers that get the first service free and I have no way to have them book online without charging them. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @EasyLivingPools- Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Sellers have been discussing this as well.

This is currently considered a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input!

Beta Member

WOW, finding this thread really opened my eyes on how LONG this feature has been requested and Square done nothing... more than 4 years... 

Not only discount coupons are essential for appointments but also there is no option for gift cards which are also sold by Square Online... but can't be used on Appointments? Doesn't make any sense right?

We sell skateboarding lessons, and a lot of people want to give them as gift cards for Christmas and Birthday, but they can't use the option to book online like everyone else, they need to call us and we have to block the slot with no payment, hoping they will show up to be able to charge the gift card or apply a discount in person when they arrive. 

I am tired of waiting for this to change... the recent new updates in Square have been so useless, at least for my business, and this essential feature still missing... I feel like the only solution is to look into moving to another software... 

I would love it if my clients could redeem their coupons while making their appointments. I mostly use my appointments side and the coupons that I make are used for services. This would be a great feature if the coupons could be interchangeable between the online store and the appointments! Thank you ☺️