x

Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

I'd like to offer a special for clients for booking online, but there is no option for them to enter in a discount code when booking their appointment. This would be an essential asset to business marketing, promotions and bookings. It's important to have pre-paid booking options, but if i want to offer a discount, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this

5 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

Yes, We do need that. 

Verified Answer

Discounts, Gift cards, and payment options for services

Talking with a rep yesterday I learned that the services (which I use for my healthcare practice linked to my online appointments via desktop), does not have the option for coupons, gift cards, or payment options like Afterpay.

I was trying so hard to figure it out because I could see the coupon I generated for "items" and on the square app (for manually entered appointments).

Please work on including these much needed features!! thank you. 

Case: 72437319

mahdiyahasiya

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: Can my customers use a discount code when booking?

WOW, finding this thread really opened my eyes on how LONG this feature has been requested and Square done nothing... more than 4 years... 

Not only discount coupons are essential for appointments but also there is no option for gift cards which are also sold by Square Online... but can't be used on Appointments? Doesn't make any sense right?

We sell skateboarding lessons, and a lot of people want to give them as gift cards for Christmas and Birthday, but they can't use the option to book online like everyone else, they need to call us and we have to block the slot with no payment, hoping they will show up to be able to charge the gift card or apply a discount in person when they arrive. 

I am tired of waiting for this to change... the recent new updates in Square have been so useless, at least for my business, and this essential feature still missing... I feel like the only solution is to look into moving to another software... 

Verified Answer

Re: I have standard prices for my services, how do I change the price to reflect a discount?

Hi @janiced 👋 

While it is possible to apply a discount to a service when charging a client in-person for a service using the Square Point of Sale app, it's currently not possible for your clients to use a discount or coupon code when booking an appointment using your Appointments booking site - this is being tracked as a feature request at this time.

Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to add coupon options for Appointments? We can't offer them with Appointments...

Currently there isn't a way for your customers to use coupons or promo codes for Appointments booked from your online Appointments booking site. We're tracking this feature request! 

In the meantime if you use Square Marketing to send customers coupons you can apply those coupons at checkout from Appointments app. (And you can create a discount and apply that at checkout when your client arrives for their appointment.)

230 Comments

Still no feature for coupons or discount codes to be used at booking.

This is a strong selling point for businesses and this needs to be fixed! 

I was working on it for an entire day before I realized this forum of same issue.

Has this been updated? Can you add a discount to your appointment bookings now?

Beta Member

Yes, We do need that. 

Yes please!

I just had a load of promo materials printed with my discount codes... to discover they don't apply at checkout for Appointments!!

What?

Why can Items have a discount code and Services not?

Please add this feature!

Beta Member

Yes 

We really need this option! Are any square representatives going to update us on this 

Discount Codes cannot be used when booking an appointment online

Still cannot use this feature from Appointments ???

But you offer this in the Marketing section Campaigns section.

The coupon code does not work.

I sent out over 4,500 emails with an offer of coupon that doesn't work???

Now I am being told they are working on it?

But it has been years, like more than 4 years that I am seeing in community postings

and still cannot offer a coupon code for online bookings? 

I do not have a POS, everything is done online and No register or checkout in my store. 

If this isn't resolved soon, I am going a different route for my Credit Card service and Appointments

and Gift Cards.

I've been loyal customer over 5 years and dealt with the growing pains.

But this is the last straw. You are forcing me to leave Square to get the features my business needs to grow.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 102802.jpg 

It truly is dismissive and disrespectful to Square clients who offer services. Now, I have to pay a subscription to use their booking site yet they offered NOTHING NADA to make it worth it. We've been asking for this for YEARS and ASKING for YEARS to be able to BLOCK BAD CLIENTS. Square really does the bare minimum while milking their clients.  I just don't get how it will cost the company anymore to add some frikkin code and fix the requests.....Come back to this thread in five years and I can bet $10 nothing will change.

This truly needs to be priority #1 on squares update list for this year. This is unacceptable and tedious for those of us that offer multiple services and products. Not being able to have a customer use a giftcard to purchase a service online or apply a discount only makes our checkout in-store that much more chaotic. What is the point of using square appointments instead of say.. schedulicity... if none of the advantages apply: loyalty points, coupons, giftcards, integrated accounts across all square apps. Truly disappointing.  And not being able to block bad customers as also unacceptable. Do better Square! You are losing customers over something that you CAN fix. 

Beta Member

PLEASE FIX THIS