x

Is there a way to have the calendar automatically block 15 minutes after a scheduled appt. for clean

Is there a way to have the calendar automatically block 15 minutes after a scheduled appt. for cleaning?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Yep! When you are creating an service in your Square Appointments Dashboard, you will see the option to "Block off time", simply toggle that switch and choose the amount of time you would like from the drop down menu. I included an image of the service set up page: 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Square

Best Answer

Yep! When you are creating an service in your Square Appointments Dashboard, you will see the option to "Block off time", simply toggle that switch and choose the amount of time you would like from the drop down menu. I included an image of the service set up page: 

Message 2 of 18

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Can you create a built in cushion time at clients book thanks?" The author has been notified via email.

I am a massage therapist and want 15 minutes blocked after each client books their appointment.  Is there a way to have it done automatically after the client books themselves? 

Message 3 of 18

I'd like to build in 30 minutes between appointments (massage therapy practice). How is this done?

Message 4 of 18

Hello @dchardcor! This is possible with Square Appointments, check out Kelly's answer above on how to setup up block time for your services. 

If you still have questions please feel free to reach out to me! 

Message 5 of 18

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do I schedule time to allow for transitions between clients?" The author has been notified via email.

Currently I have scheduling set up on the quarter hour but I'd like to allow 15 minutes or so between clients to allow for transitions.  Right now it goes straight from one client to the next without allowing space.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Message 6 of 18

This comment was created by merging the thread "I need help changing my appointment times."

How do I customize the appointment times that are listed when a client is booking online? If I have a 2 hour window of booking with 20 min appointments and a 5 min grace period between appointments. Now the times are given in 30 min incraments. I want 25 min incraments.

Message 7 of 18

Hello @Wiggy1

You can block off time after an appointment! You'll find the option when you create or edit a service on your Square Dashboard. Kelly's answer above has a screen shot displaying where to enable this feature. 🙂

Message 8 of 18

Yes, from desktop view go to "Items"

click "service library"

click on service that you want to adjust time for

Under duration click "book extra time"

select amount of time you wish to have after appointment

Message 9 of 18

i have this setting for my appointments and some clients appointments are being booked without the extra 30 min.  is there something else  i need to select to be sure there is automatically 30 min between clients?

thank you

Message 10 of 18
Alumni

Hi there @artsyhealer - sorry to see trouble has brought you to the Seller Community🎨

If you want 30 minutes blocked after every appointment, you'll need to ensure that every service you offer has 30 minutes of time blocked. It sounds like you've already set this up on at least some of your services, so I recommend checking each one by editing them to ensure that you see the following in the Price and Duration section when editing:

Let me know if you still have questions after checking on this!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 18
Beta Member

Is it possible to block time BEFORE an appointment rather than only after please?

For example I need 10 mins preparation time before an appointment so if an appointment is at 1pm I need to block out from 12:50pm but  I don't want the client getting a notification that their appointment is at 12:50pm when it is actually at 1pm!

Message 12 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Sa7

Welcome back to the Community. 

Right now, the extra time would be only available after the Appointment in your Settings. 

Being able to add the time beforehand would be a Feature Request. I can go ahead and get this over to our Product Team to get a look at it.

Appreciate your time for asking! 

Kassi
Message 13 of 18
Beta Member

Hi - any traction on this? Likelihood of it happening?

Lots of reasons I just can't use Square anymore but would like to once these basic functions are added.

Message 14 of 18

can the block off time be a different color than the staff member color?

Message 15 of 18

At this time Appointments processing time (or cleaning time if the naming applies to your business) belongs to a certain booking and cannot be colored differently. At this time, this would be considered a feature request at this time, @madusalon.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 16 of 18

IA there a way to only have block time for appointments not each individual service? My clients book two services most times so I end up with 30 minutes of time instead of 15 minutes of block time for cleanup and checkout.

Message 17 of 18

Hey @acquiredtastena 👋

Right now, there isn't a way to specify for only one time slot to be booked out when more than one service is added to an appointment. I can see how this feature would be helpful for businesses like yours. Please file this as a Feature Request here so we can track demand and highlight this with our product team! The more info you include about how this feature would help in your day to day, the better. 

Message 18 of 18