x
Beta Member

BOGO Discount Glitch - System giving out too many discounts

Hi!

I don't know if this has been brought up by anyone else recently but there seems to be a glitch with the BOGO discount option. I'm running Square for Retail POS (app version 5.93, iPad). It seems to not always understand the logic for the discount it's supposed to follow.

We are running a sale that is Buy 4 Get 1 Additional Free (someone has to purchase at least 5 items to get the discount). I haven't had any issues until a few days ago (06/30/2022) when all the sudden the sale started handing out more discounts than it should've (it might've happened earlier but that day was the first day I saw it). I first noticed it when I rang up a transaction of 10items and it discounted 4 instead of 2. It seems to be happening on any transaction with more than 7 items in the cart. Below is a GIF of a cart I just put together.

RPReplay_Final1656790001_MP4_AdobeExpress (1).gif

As you can see the cart has 18 items in it. So the discount logic should've only discounted 3 of the lowest priced items, but instead it discounted 9 of those items meaning it gave them 50% off instead of 20% off.

I've set up multiple discounts this way and haven't run into any issues before. Below are some images of how the discount is set up.

june-perennial-discount.png

june-perennial-discount2.png

I don't know if this is more of a beta situation or just a general situation. If someone could look into this and see if there's a fix that'd be phenomenal. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @willardbay If you are indeed running the beta version of the Retail app, I will suggest you provide this feedback to the Beta Community team for them to evaluate this behavior and have our product team correct it if necessary. I wasn't able to locate any other reports of this behavior. 

If you aren't using the Square for Retail Beta app then I suggest reaching out to our Retail Support team ASAP so they can get these captures to our team to get this corrected.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community  

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks for letting me! I just posted that in the Beta discussion. I am using the Beta version but didn't know if it was a more widespread issue. 

Message 3 of 3