x
Beta Member

Cha-Ching Notification Sounds on Weebly App

My weebly app recently updated and now I no longer get the cha-ching notification sound when I receive online orders. Is there anyway to enable that sound notification again? 

Message 1 of 65
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

I'm really sorry you all are experiencing this issue. It looks like the bug is still open, unfortunately, but I've left a comment for the team that we're anxiously awaiting an update here. 

View Best Answer >

Message 38 of 65
64 REPLIES 64
Beta Member

Yes, same issue here, we are no longer notified audibly at the POS counter. This is a critical feature when one person is working the station and doing other tasks. In fact, a selection of louder or longer notification sounds would be real helpful!
Message 2 of 65

I'm not receiving any notifications of any new online orders... it's entirely frustrating how buggy the app is behaving.

Message 3 of 65

I am also experiencing this same issue. Please advise how we fix this situation.

Message 4 of 65
Alumni

@Richmenlooks,

This definitely sounds frustrating, and you're not the first to report it. Our teams have been notified and we recommend installing the next Weebly App update as soon as it becomes available. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 65
Beta Member

@Alex_ Awesome! Do you know when the next app update will be?

Message 6 of 65
Alumni

@Richmenlooks,

We do not have a public timeline at the moment with app updates, being that they all must undergo an approval process by Apple or Android. I would do a regular check every morning on your device if you do not have automatic updates turned on. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 65

My app stopped sending notifications for new orders recently as well. Has there been any update on this? Thank you!

Message 8 of 65

@WALavender - the troubleshooting for the Weebly app is identical for the POS app, as well. The resource listed above will not only insure that the app is up to date in terms of software, but also that your device itself is running the most up to date version as well. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 65

Everything is up to date, so it sounds like I'll be waiting with a lot of other users until Weebly and Square resolve the problem with a new update.

Message 10 of 65

Hey it keeps telling me to verify my account but once i click the button it takes me back to the same page

Message 11 of 65

Here it is the new year in 2021 and the Weebly notification sound is still not working and I've called into customer help and they were no help as this post telling us to update our Weebly App. That was the first thing I did.

What is the solution and when will this be fixed?

Message 12 of 65

Having the same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app and also turned notifications off and back on, but neither of these solved the issue.

Message 13 of 65

Strange indeed, @WALevender - good call trying the uninstall and install. Would you also give a shot to the troubleshooting steps listed here? They've been proven to weed out any outstanding software glitches.

Keep us updated!

Joe
Message 14 of 65

The problem has been in the Weebly App, not the Square App. Nonetheless, I've assure that I'm also logged into the Square App and that it's up to date.

Message 15 of 65

Yes, I'm having the same issue with the Weebly app. It was working fine until maybe a week or two ago? Then it just suddenly stopped giving notifications. I updated, as well as deleted and reinstalled, but neither resolved the issue. 

Message 16 of 65
Admin

Hey @nateyandbode-

Thanks for posting. This is a bug within the app that causes notifications for new orders to not appear. Our Engineering is aware of the issue, and working hard to implement a fix. I'll post in this thread when I have an update. Thank you for your patience! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 17 of 65
Beta Member

@isabelle has there been a resolution to this notification? It's been going on for 1.5 months since the notification stopped working again. I think it is bizarre that it is taking this long to fix a bug. We are contemplating changing platforms since there seems to be a lot of "bugs" on the app that just isn't suited for our business. 

Message 18 of 65

Can we please get an update on this? We need to be notified of our sales and this seems to be taking an awfully long time to fix. 

Message 19 of 65
Beta Member

Hello Isabelle, 

Is there a fix to this ongoing problem yet? 

Message 20 of 65

Hey, guys! Just touching base that this issue has been resolved. You might see notifications for old olders while it went through the queue, but otherwise it’s a done deal. 

Thanks!

AshleyK
Message 21 of 65